Acid Pro Next VST instruments are all completely broken

trappermarkelz wrote on 5/15/2019, 8:13 PM

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but all of the projects I made with Acid Pro between Sept 2018 and March 2019 are now completely broken after upgrading to Acid Pro Next. Almost all of the VST instruments I used that came with Acid Pro 365 back in Sept, are now no longer loading. Many of them stopped working after the March minor version upgrade. After moving to Acid Pro Next, it's even worse.... The Analog Synth that still loads has every midi file set back to the default "Noisy Lead" with the default settings. You can imagine the chaos of broken this causes in all of my newest tracks. I don't even know where to begin fixing everything.

I really don't know what is happening with this. I can't imagine I'm the only one that finds the last two upgrades completely unusable. Is anyone else experiencing a complete inability to work with prior VST instruments?

It appears that all my installed VST effects are working fine... but the VST synths are either not loading, or if they load, all their prior settings are lost.

Comments

weevil wrote on 5/15/2019, 8:48 PM

Yup none of my Magix VSTis work either.

Many, many strange bugs in the new version for me, have gone back to 8 until it gets a little more sorted.

andrew-phillips wrote on 5/31/2019, 5:19 AM

Same for me loads of their vsts do not work, makes you wonder how they can release this product when its so broken ,and feedback from them is virtually zero

sheppo wrote on 6/3/2019, 6:10 AM

@trappermarkelz @andrew-phillips @weevil

There has been some new fixes come to the Beta forum which may fix this. For example most of my VSTs did not load in the release version of APN, but they do now - not that this helps you right now. However, when I am back home I can test that specific VSTIs are working as intended in the latest beta, and if not flag this up through the beta channel.

I still have AP8 installed, are you able to write up some steps to reproduce the issue - e.g. create new project, add VSTI "x", save project, open in APN, etc, etc.

trappermarkelz wrote on 6/3/2019, 7:48 AM

For now, I went back to Acid Pro 8 and, while the presets are missing, the VSTs I needed to finish a few projects were there. AM-Munition is still not working on 8 or APN. When I contacted support, they did say there was a new beta build in testing that addresses the issues. @sheppo can you confirm if AM-Munition works in the new build?

sheppo wrote on 6/3/2019, 12:55 PM

I thought I had this synth in my collection, but it appears I don't have the Suite version of AP or APN. So cannot test it. Is it just Magix plugins provided with Suite that are causing issues?

trappermarkelz wrote on 6/4/2019, 10:44 AM

As of right now, on 8.0.8 Build 29, the VST presets are still missing.. you are also correct that, now I can't find AM-Munition anywhere on my PC. Maybe it was removed? Hmmm that sucks... I used the heck out of that in mastering!

trappermarkelz wrote on 6/4/2019, 10:49 AM

Ok I uninstalled and reinstalled the modeling suite which comes with AP8 and they now again all show as failed.

andrew-phillips wrote on 6/5/2019, 10:12 AM

@trappermarkelz @andrew-phillips @weevil

There has been some new fixes come to the Beta forum which may fix this. For example most of my VSTs did not load in the release version of APN, but they do now - not that this helps you right now. However, when I am back home I can test that specific VSTIs are working as intended in the latest beta, and if not flag this up through the beta channel.

I still have AP8 installed, are you able to write up some steps to reproduce the issue - e.g. create new project, add VSTI "x", save project, open in APN, etc etc

Thx for the reply, im using ap9 32 bit mainly now but had the same issues in 8,the vsts on board generally dont work no matter which way i try to work or change it,but then once in a blue moon it will decide to work,the simple delay doesnt work like it did in 7,i ve also tried to use the stereo delay,that doesnt work usually but has randonly once or twice,but can never re enact it

i have tried to add vst just by clicking ok or add and ok,but no step ever works

Adot wrote on 6/25/2019, 11:47 PM

Greetings guys, I

'm coming from Acid 7. I was using the trial of Acid 9 64 bit until pointing the program to look for my VSTs installed on my second hard drive.. crashed it and would never open again. It was stuck on searching for VSTs on the loading screen and just crashed over and over.

Just got Acid Pro Next today and same deal, was up and running, although I couldn't get midi to work at all. This time put the VSTs in question on my main drive and was doing okay until I restarted and now it's "Acid Pro Next has stopped working" and will not open at all.

Does anyone know how to get some tech support?

sheppo wrote on 6/26/2019, 2:35 AM

@Adot - the contact link in the forum footer will take you to where you can contact support formally.

trappermarkelz wrote on 6/26/2019, 7:48 AM

I'm back to using Acid Pro 8, the version that doesn't have VST presets... but at least all my VSTs work and my songs load with all their instrument settings. I just upgraded to 9 again (paid another $99) and none of my songs load correctly. All the VSTs are there now, but none of the settings are pulled from the project, so everything is at factory reset mode. Which is not usable at all. So I'm on the hunt for refunds and just sticking with the half-working version of 8.

Adot wrote on 7/1/2019, 12:27 AM

@sheppo correct me if I'm wrong but I'm on the hook for like 12.99 to get any support from Magix. I've deleted and reinstalled Acid Pro Next several times at this point and it won't open at all. All I get is "Acid Pro Next has stopped working" - this is stupid frustrating.

Yes, click the link and get "Please enter the code from your support voucher."

Chuzz-Bot wrote on 8/18/2019, 5:36 AM

Yep, none of my instruments load the settings from the previous session. I feel robbed. I have to manually load each instruments settings every session. It is pathetic. Magix now just released a new version, but no fix for this one. Are we seriously meant to buy this thing? WHAT ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS MAGIX?!!!! THis is dishonourable and greedy.

TTT880 wrote on 10/1/2019, 8:11 PM

Yep, none of my instruments load the settings from the previous session. I feel robbed. I have to manually load each instruments settings every session. It is pathetic. Magix now just released a new version, but no fix for this one. Are we seriously meant to buy this thing? WHAT ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS MAGIX?!!!! THis is dishonourable and greedy.

Having the same issue here with Acid Pro 8. I am still learning the program, and for awhile I thought I was forgetting to click on some sort of save button on the synth/VST presets, but it seems to be completely random whether they save or not. I have some tracks that used to be bass lines that have reverted to random drums/cymbals, some that were leads that have reverted to random noises, etc. etc. This is all after saving the entire project and exiting the program (although it has also happened a couple of times, randomly, even while using the program).

Am running Windows 7, if that helps at all. Also have the program installed on an SSD, along with the operating system, while save files are on a regular hard disk (different drive). Is it possible this has anything to do with the preset saving issues?

I am also having an issue with tooltips not showing up properly, which I think might have something to do with my 4k monitor, but I'll post that in another thread as well.

Magix, any updates?

Matt-Francis wrote on 10/5/2019, 12:56 AM

Can someone from Magix please respond to this?

emmrecs wrote on 10/5/2019, 4:27 AM

@Matt-Francis @TTT880

Please remember, this is a user to user forum, not a contact for Magix staff/support. It is entirely possible that a Magix staffer may see and respond directly to your posts but this cannot be guaranteed.

I realise this may be something of a hassle but your best course might well be to raise a support ticket via the contact button in the footer of every forum page if you want a direct answer to your questions.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Matt-Francis wrote on 10/6/2019, 10:40 AM

@Matt-Francis @TTT880

Please remember, this is a user to user forum, not a contact for Magix staff/support. It is entirely possible that a Magix staffer may see and respond directly to your posts but this cannot be guaranteed.

I realise this may be something of a hassle but your best course might well be to raise a support ticket via the contact button in the footer of every forum page if you want a direct answer to your questions.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

The last time I contacted support their suggested solution did not work. I understand they don't want to address every single problem with the software on the forum but this is a problem that has affected multiple users, has been ongoing for months and a dev said on this forum it was being worked on. Even if they just said they couldn't do it would be preferable to the complete silence, which seems to be making users frustrated and turning against the company. It's a really odd and counter productive way of dealing with customers.

emmrecs wrote on 10/8/2019, 4:08 AM

@Matt-Francis

Thank you for the update. I do, very much, understand your frustration - I don't have any version of ACID but the problems you, and others, are experiencing are unacceptable.

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that any Magix staff will see this thread or, if they do, that they will feel able to respond. 😭

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Frank_Fader wrote on 10/26/2019, 1:29 AM

The developers will look into this problem. In the mean time, can you try the public beta version (both available for AP8 and AP9, also AP-Next) to check if the problem is still existing.

Keep your current Acid installer, so you can go back if there are problems with the public beta version. (An Acid installation should only take 2 or 5 minutes..)

Former user wrote on 10/27/2019, 10:21 PM

Greetings guys, I

'm coming from Acid 7. I was using the trial of Acid 9 64 bit until pointing the program to look for my VSTs installed on my second hard drive.. crashed it and would never open again. It was stuck on searching for VSTs on the loading screen and just crashed over and over.

Just got Acid Pro Next today and same deal, was up and running, although I couldn't get midi to work at all. This time put the VSTs in question on my main drive and was doing okay until I restarted and now it's "Acid Pro Next has stopped working" and will not open at all.

Does anyone know how to get some tech support?

This is happening to me now.

I've uninstalled and will use Cakewalk by BandLab, moving forwards. I've been kind of trialing it, and it works fine with ACIDized Loops. Great, even. I already have my own Instruments, Synths, and Samplers. I just spend a whole weekend troubleshooting this, and I don't have any time to deal with it (nor will I risk having to deal with it in the future). I've probably re-installed 4-5 times in the past week to get past this issue.

The infamous Lockup during "Creating Windows" or whatever.

Also, there were LOTS of ACID Pro [8] VST Scanner crash dumps in my %AppData%\Local\CrashDumps folder.

TTT880 wrote on 11/7/2019, 10:03 PM

Has anyone heard any updates on this? I haven't contacted tech support yet as I've just been using Reaper instead, but it'd be nice to have Acid working as well.

From some of the issues I've seen in Reaper as well, I'm wondering if some of the old synths they have in Acid are 32-bit plugins which are crashing under a 64-bit environment (can anyone confirm whether AP8 is 64 or 32 bit)?

Former user wrote on 11/8/2019, 1:15 PM

No word from tech support, and I put in a ticket. I have issues with Vita 2 not being installed correctly. The Sample files install, but the content installer does not install the DLL files - so the Instrument naturally doesn't show up in ACID Pro 8 (Retail or Beta). This is something that has changed, because it was working before - this is clearly a regression. The new Content Installer is broken, and I think that may be part of the issue with the plugins, etc. Some may not be getting installed correctly.

I've also moved pretty much everything to another DAW. Using Cakewalk by BandLab, for the moment, but may move to REAPER if I can deal with it's awful UI/UX. Studio One is on sale and one can cross grade from ACID Pro. I'm considering that, but the deal is running until the end of year - so I have time.

All of my Plugins, Synths, Samplers, and Effects are 64-Bit, so I don't think the issue is with 32-Bit [specifically]. I think the VST Scanner and System in ACID Pro is just awful. It crashes a lot while scanning plugins, which is what is leading to the failed and unavailable VSTs.

Considering you can get a better DAW on Windows for $0, and hobbyists can buy one for $60, I'm starting to think it isn't even worth caring about and I should just move on.

All this is doing, is wasting my time.

I still think users need to start replacing those 32-Bit VST plugins/instruments/synths with 64-Bit replacements. It's just too cheap to do so, and a lot of that old stuff is worse than what you can get for free/dirt cheap these days, anyways.

AIR had all of their Synths/Instruments/Samplers on super sale for a month at plugin boutique. Ozone Elements was free. Union is now on sale for $7.99 and you get a free Neutron Elements with it. GPO is generally really cheap, for people who need "bread and butter" orchestral samples (but I don't think many people into that are using this DAW, anyways).

The issue [for me] has less to do with getting ACID Pro working, because I'm jumping off of this sinking ship. I just want to be able to load up my projects that have Vita 2 in them and render out Stems to bring to another DAW. It's a lot of work to replace it with another Sampler/Instrument. You have to start completely redoing note velocities in many areas, retune your Reverb and other plugins on the track, and basically remix a huge portion of the project.

Once they fix Vita 2 installation, I will render out my stems and uninstall this monstrosity for good.