ACID Pro Next and Melodyne

YarinVooDoo wrote on 10/13/2019, 4:51 PM

Hi,

maybe I'm wrong, but the integration with Melodyne and the ARA2 standard are still not perfect.
I tried to do some editing with ACID Pro Next and Melodyne, first of all, it seems that this is not available for the 32-bit version of ACID, but also using it in the 64-bit version there are some problems.
If I edit an event in Melodyne, after making any change, if I playback the timeline, the event is not audible, I need to remove it from Melodyne and edit back in the plugin, I will not lose any changes and the event will be audible again.

If Melodyne was applied to an entire track, after saving and reopening the project, it will be applied to the entire project, also in this case, I need to remove all events from Melodyne, then edit back only the tracks that I modified before saving, in this way I can get back all my edit and playback the timeline.

Anyone else is experiencing this? Any help?

Comments

KOREHISA wrote on 10/30/2019, 3:25 AM

I saw the similar issue. Does removing your <project name>.ara file from your project folder and re-open the project solve it?

YarinVooDoo wrote on 10/30/2019, 4:01 AM

Later I'll try and let you know if the workaroung works.

Thanks

KOREHISA wrote on 10/30/2019, 7:51 AM

please note that removing .ara file will also remove all changes in the project made with Melodyne.

YarinVooDoo wrote on 10/30/2019, 8:07 AM

Ok, so this doesn't solve the problem at all.

Now what I do is to remove Melodyne from all events, then edit back (just reopening Meylodyne) only the tracks that I modified before saving, in this way I get back all changes.

Former user wrote on 10/30/2019, 8:02 PM

MAGIX DAWs all seem to have issues with ARA. Samplitude has performance issues, etc. with ARA, as well. It has to be something they are doing, specifically, because other DAWs like Studio One, Cubase, SONAR/Cakewalk, and REAPER aren't seeing these issues reported on their forums.

And to the OP, ARA only works with VST3 Plugins, and I'm not sure it works with 32-Bit versions of Melodyne - but that would also require you to install the 32-Bit build of ACID Pro. Honestly, you shouldn't be depending on 32-Bit anything on the eve of 2020. Most 32-Bit plugins sold within the last decade were packaged with 64-Bit versions, and any old enough to not have a 64-Bit version from their time of release are way worse than 64-Bit plugins you can get for almost nothing these days.

I guess there is rationale for them, if you depend on software like Sound Forge Pro 10/11, but given MAGIX practically gave away Sound Forge Pro 12 recently... Even that is hard to believe (unless you're truly out of the loop with these developments).

toddbooster wrote on 4/1/2020, 4:57 PM

I just ran into this one myself using AP Next 1.0.3 build 32, was it ever resolved? Fixed in AP 10?

I edit two events with Melodyne Editor (4.24.001 64 bit), save the project, and when I open it again ACID has decided to add Melodyne to all of the events and I get the warning about a possibly corrupt ARA file. Very annoying.