Acid PRO loops question

Vacerdin wrote on 2/1/2023, 7:17 PM

Hello!
Ive bought the Acid Pro app on a bundle in humble bundle and it came with 2 loops that i could download. One of them is the Hip Hop Official and the other is Rythm and SFX collection. I wanted to know if i can use this loops on songs that i want to produce and develop for my videogames. So, i just wanted to know if they come with the "Royalty free" license or not and if theres something important that i should know when using this samples on my songs.

Comments

SP. wrote on 2/2/2023, 1:59 AM

@Vacerdin Usually you need to buy the commercial licenses for each Magix loop pack you want to use from Producerplanet.com.

Be aware, if you want to use them in your games, because there are people out there who might have registered their songs with these loops into copyright databases like Content ID. While this isn't allowed, because these loops aren't exclusive to a single person and not made by them, they did it anyway. This can lead to a copyright claim or strike for anyone who publishes a video that shows gameplay with the background music. You cannot do much about this, the problem are the overprotective copyright systems.

emmrecs wrote on 2/2/2023, 3:51 AM

@Vacerdin

If you wish to use elements from these loop packs in video games that are to be sold, I would slightly alter what @SP. writes in his first paragraph: You must buy the commercial licenses for each Magix loop pack you want to use....

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam