Acid Pro installation Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable error

Psiko wrote on 4/16/2020, 10:34 AM

After trying to install Acid Pro 10 many times on my Windows 10 Laptop, and being unable to due to the installer reporting a Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redistributable Error, reinstalling the Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable several times, downloading different versions of it, repairing it, etc.etc...., and keep getting the same error, I finally managed to bypass the error by doing the following:

1. Press the Windows Key + R,  appwiz.cpl and then press Enter. go to Programs>Programs and Features

2. Locate the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable programs in the list, there might be an x86 entry and an x64 entry, depending on your operating system version, 32Bit or 64Bit.

3. Select each Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable entry and then click Uninstall.

4. Run the Acid Pro 10 installer or the trial_acidpro10suite_dlm.exe now, you should now be able to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 redistributable that comes with the installer. (This would then provide you with the correct Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 redistributable, but make sure you check, again by pressing the Windows Key + R,  appwiz.cpl and then press Enter, go to Programs>Programs and Features, thus making sure you have a working Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable, if this does not work for you, redownload Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable from Microsoft as some programs will not be able to function without it)

I had been trying for ages, and maybe more people had the same error, hope this helps!

The program really looks like an interesting concept!

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...