Acid Pro Input and Output Meters showing-Inf

AdoG wrote on 7/6/2022, 7:02 PM

Hi,

I've got an issue with Acid Pro 10 that I was hoping to get some thoughts on. I have loaded up my program to record today and the input and output meters on the audio tracks are showing as -inf which means that they are maxxed. This means it is not allowing me to record as when I record arm, no signal is being detected and the visual meter is not showing any input.

I have come across this before when the program crashes and I ask the program to reload from the last autosave. Sometimes this causes the project to load up with all meters showing -inf and the existing tracks to not play back. This then forces me to open up the version of the project that I last manually saved which works every time.

This time round it is happening when I load up a new project. The default of the audio track is already showing -inf so basically I cannot record any more at all. I have tried using ctrl+shift when loading up the software to reset to default settings and not even this has fixed it. I am using an RME Fireface UFX+ with Acid Pro 10 Suite.

I have exactly the same audio settings in Sound forge and it records without any problems. So I have eliminated the physical audio chain as being any part of the problem.

Just wondering if anyone else in the community has com across this before? Thanks.

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/7/2022, 2:05 AM

@AdoG In the program settings your audio driver settings are exactly identical to Sound Forge like you wrote?

AdoG wrote on 7/7/2022, 5:21 PM

Thank you for your interest in this. Yes. I'm using just the two tracks on Acid to record in, and the same with sound forge. I have both programs using the asio driver for the RME UFX+ (not similtaneously of course) so for all intents and purposes, the same driver is loaded and configured for 2 track audio recording.

I hope that I didn't confuse too much with this point as Acid obviously has more flexibility and thus extra settings. My point with this comment was more to illustrate that I have eliminated anything in the physical signal chain and that the asio driver is engaging and working properly in other audio programs including Sound Forge, Presonus Studio One and Sonar. Thanks.