ACID PRO FOR MAC OS X

Frosario wrote on 2/9/2017, 5:35 AM

I would like first to say how great of a product Acid Pro is. I haven't been able to find anything better that eliminates distinct and rare noises on my videos. I purchased Acid Pro 7 when Sony owned almost three years ago for my Windows 7 system and it worked like the company promised. I'm now on a Mac and need to know if Magix has a version for my Mac 10.12. I seem to only find the software for Windows. Please let me know so I can purchase Acid Pro once more. Thanks again.

Comments

Moody wrote on 5/29/2017, 8:24 AM

+1. I'm on OSX now myself and I am running ACID PRO through Parallels (which Parallels is lame, don't buy it). Would love to see a OSX version. Unfortunately that would be a total rewrite. If the "new ACID PRO" that is being developed is being done some scratch, there is a chance they could do a OSX port.

flo-minton wrote on 8/19/2019, 12:39 PM

Used Acid since version 2 on my Windows machines. I recently bought a MacBook Pro and really miss Acid Pro. All of my other music software works on the MacBook - Cubase, FLStudio and Reaper. I refuse to run Parallels. PLEASE do a Mac version of Acid Pro. It was my favorite DAW. I did most of my composing on it. The workflow was easy and the acidified loops, pitch shifting and other features just don’t work as smoothly on any other DAW. I think you would have people lined up around the block for a Mac version. FLStudio finally did it and it works flawlessly. Please consider this request?

SoundCloud: flominton

DANADAX wrote on 8/22/2019, 10:09 PM

If Acid Pro could have a Mac version, I could finally ditch Windows, for good. It is the only reason why I use Windows. I was able to migrate my entire setup (except for Acid Pro) to Mac. I hope Magix makes a version of Acid Pro for Mac.

Former user wrote on 8/28/2019, 2:14 AM

Logic Pro X does almost everything anyone would need for $199, with the best Effects, Instrument/Sampler, and Loop Bundle in the industry.

FL Studio is available for those more deeply serious into this niche...

How big do you think the market for ACID Pro on macOS is?

I feel like the opportunity was lost when Sony refused to develop the software further.

Also, the ex-Sony products are inextricably linked led to Windows. Sony did a Sound Forge Pro for Mac, and it was both:

1. Deficient compared to the Windows version, and

2. Awful