Acid pro for 0S Mac

Ray-Whitton wrote on 1/15/2024, 1:28 AM

Several post have been showing this already, but I just want to reiterate, the acid pro is the best DAW on the market

i’ve use ProTools logic, QBase personas, and there’s nothing like acid bro

The only complaint I’ve ever had is that I wish they would make a Version for Mac OS

i’ve used acid since the first version

The other thing I don’t completely understand is why Waves doesn’t Support acid I’m hoping that one day it will. I do use wave plug-ins on Alcid pro but for some strange reason tWaves says they do not support it.

i’m begging Magix to get a Mac version for acid pro and please get companies like Waves to support acid pro versions

I do not want to go to another DAW because there’s nothing like acid

it only takes one step in acid that takes five steps on other DAW’s and that’s what we all love about Acid Pro

thank you

Ray

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 1/15/2024, 2:13 AM

@Ray-Whitton

Hi

Magix dropped developing a small range of their software for MACs many years ago.

MACs running Parallels with Windows installed is the only route available, a list of Magix products tested on Parallels/Windows is here.

Do note that testing is required for later versions than those tested in the article linked to.

Waves is known to have various issues with programs other than those supported as listed on their website.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.