ACID PRO Bit Depth (AP 7)

goofyfoots wrote on 9/25/2019, 3:55 PM

Hi, first time poster, long time acid pro user -

I have a couple of projects ready to go to an engineer who's waiting to mix, but I'm not sure what bit depth I should render stems at, because I'm not sure what bit depth I'm recording in..

This may be a problem due to my interface being an old Digidesign 002 - in the audio properties/settings for the interface in AP7 it doesn't let me choose a bit depth to record at - only sample rate & latency - (but in protools it does let me choose 16bit or 24bit)..

When I open my session tracks in SoundForge most of the tracks are saying 16bit but some are saying 24bit in the properties in the "open file" box - though I haven't changed the interface bit depth in protools at all..

Is there any chance it's recording in a floating bit depth?? I have no idea if this is possible but it would be helpful if anyone has an idea what is going on here :)

Comments

jocker-boy wrote on 9/27/2019, 4:48 AM

All in all, you could send it as it is, but it's best if you have it all done in 16 bit or 24 bit, all in one option.

sheppo wrote on 10/1/2019, 3:30 AM

if some of the source files are 24bit I'd render to 24bit, that way nothing will be lower quality than source. Rendering to 16bit will make the 24bit a lower quality. The other option is you could just render both and let the engineer decide.