Acid Pro 9 (x64) Visual C++ Error (How can I get some support?)

Vocalpoint wrote on 9/8/2019, 8:49 AM

After several years of being away from Acid Pro - I decided to pull the trigger on v9 yesterday and now I am seriously regretting my purchase.

Not only did I not receive ANY acknowledgement of my Acid Pro order (Still have not received my confirmation email) - I decided to look inn my Product Area - and saw my installed and license key listed.

I got the install going and then got slammed by the Visual C++ error and cannot continue. Of course the VC++ package that is needed - is correctly installed and should not causing a problem.

How are you guys actually getting any support? I have tried this from several angles:

https://www.magix.com/us/support/technical-support/

And each time I am told that my least old product is "too old" and I need to purchase a support voucher to actually get support - so I purchased one of those as well - and of course I get no confirmation email on that either - so I have no idea what my support voucher code is or how to use it.

So - now I am at a total standstill. No install, no voucher and $150.00 down the drain.

What's my next move? Refund? Does Magix actually get back to anyone here on support issues?

VP

Comments

TastyTaroChips wrote on 9/10/2019, 1:40 AM

Hey, just responding to your last question. Yes, they do reply back with support issues. I had just received a fix similar to your Visual C++ error install process, but mines in a 32-bit environment and Acid Pro 8. My post can be found here. Hope you find a solution to the issues you're currently facing. All the best!

Vocalpoint wrote on 9/10/2019, 6:56 AM

Tasty

Thanks for the update. I did finally battle through my issue. Did some cleanup on some existing Visual C++ packages on my main DAW and was able to get Acid Pro v9 installed successfully.

I still cannot get any mail from Magix and I believe it's something to do with domains etc. When I was testing this package last night - even tho I have a licensed copy of ACID - I specifically put in my business email to get a trial key sent. The ACID installer sent me out to the Magix site and I entered the info and was told I would get a confirmation email instantly. Well - I got exactly nothing. Still have nothing this morning.

This is looking more and more why I did not receive any email on my purchases from a day or two ago. So somewhere along the line Magix is being blocked somehow. I have tested everything on my end (cleared all junk rules etc) There should be nothing stopping emails from magix.net to get to me - but I looked back in my Magix mail and I have not received an email from them since March of 2018 so I think their address may be on a blacklist with Microsoft/Office 365 or something. I need to figure that out.

Still cannot access support as my order confirmation for my voucher is lost (not delivered).

Will need to contact Microsoft and see what is happening.

Cheers

VP

johnebaker wrote on 9/10/2019, 7:42 AM

@Vocalpoint

Hi

. . . . cleared all junk rules etc . . . There should be nothing stopping emails from magix.net to get to me . . . not received an email from them since March of 2018 . . . blacklist with Microsoft/Office 365 . . . .

I use Office 365 and Magix emails are coming through.

Depending on where your Outlook is connected to the issue may be:

1. your ISP providers mail filters are blocking the emails.

2. if behind a corporate firewall, it may blocking the emails.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Vocalpoint wrote on 9/11/2019, 6:21 AM

@Vocalpoint

Hi

. . . . cleared all junk rules etc . . . There should be nothing stopping emails from magix.net to get to me . . . not received an email from them since March of 2018 . . . blacklist with Microsoft/Office 365 . . . .

I use Office 365 and Magix emails are coming through.

Depending on where your Outlook is connected to the issue may be:

1. your ISP providers mail filters are blocking the emails.

2. if behind a corporate firewall, it may blocking the emails.

HTH

John EB

John

I took a deep dive with my Office 365/Exchange Admin panel last night. Looks like all my "Magix" email domains are filtered as Spam and was getting deleted at the source. I did a Message Trace and found all the headers from them for the last few days.

Odd thing is - I cannot find anywhere in the Exchange Admin area where I have actually specified a Spam list. These "magix" addresses and a number of others are being marked as spam by Microsoft someway somehow and I have a support ticket in with them to find out why.

I have whitelisted/safe senders all Magix email domains for now to at least get my conversations going again but I think there is a higher level internal Office 365 spam list at work here - one that I cannot access and need Microsoft to adjust.

Good news is - I have made contact with Magix and have received my confirmation emails for Acid Pro v9 and my support voucher. Should be good for now.

Cheers

VP