Comments

sheppo wrote on 5/7/2019, 8:47 AM

beta testers have been told that MP3 format support will be added back in with a future patch. It is related to re-licensing the format. I don't have any more information about when that will be coming

kev-morson wrote on 5/7/2019, 2:13 PM

Seems a glaring oversight to put a trial out there that cant use Mp3 format as 97% of my libraries are in this format ...cant help feeling the endless patches and now rebranding to Acid Next its all becoming very messy ...Ease of use and the workflow of Acid were always its strongpoints ..but with each new incarnation I find things are changed uneccesarily ...this release of Acid Next at full price to existing Pro 8 liscence holders is a joke

KoolAidBuzz wrote on 5/8/2019, 7:59 PM

Seems a glaring oversight to put a trial out there that cant use Mp3 format as 97% of my libraries are in this format ...cant help feeling the endless patches and now rebranding to Acid Next its all becoming very messy ...Ease of use and the workflow of Acid were always its strongpoints ..but with each new incarnation I find things are changed uneccesarily ...this release of Acid Next at full price to existing Pro 8 liscence holders is a joke

I was enjoying acid pro 8 (free trial) just fine then got a message about buying 9 for $50 off so I grabbed it. Same issue as you. No mp3. And just as bad for me was no OGG either. I bought a few loop libraries from the producer planet and tried the OGG files that MAGIX SELLS YOU since they were smaller and easier to download. It doesn't recognize them either. And when I try to download the WAV files from the site I keep getting server failure issues. This is lame. Sorry for the rant.

Kenvador wrote on 5/11/2019, 2:36 PM

Not much more to say, how do u make this product without the ability to use mp3. when i open a project made in pro 8 and open it in pro 9 it leave half the file out. it seems crazy to me that we went with no new acid pro for ten years, now in what seems like only a year we two acids pro 8 and 9. one more thing why are the desk top icons exactly the same.

Omu wrote on 6/11/2019, 4:29 AM

Any updates here?

CidBil wrote on 6/11/2019, 5:40 AM

Any updates here?

Yes, AP9 latest build includes MP3 support...