Acid Pro 9...No MP3 support?

JJG wrote on 5/7/2019, 5:51 PM

I just received my upgrade to Acid Pro 9 (9.0.1 build 17, 64bit, Windows 10 Pro), downloaded and installed it and have lost the ability to preview or add mp3 files in the program. I was able to do that in Acid Pro 8. Is this a setting or a bug? Any suggestions?

Comments

kev-morson wrote on 5/7/2019, 6:39 PM

I too had this issue..if you search the forum you will see this has been answered ...but I found the answer confusing . IM losing faith in Acid TBH ...every release seems to have problemz that you just dont expect .

kev-morson wrote on 5/7/2019, 6:42 PM

beta testers have been told that MP3 format support will be added back in with a future patch. It is related to re-licensing the format. I don't have any more information about when that will be coming.......This is the answer I recieved from Magix

kev-morson wrote on 5/7/2019, 6:43 PM

Another patch!!! ....a glaring oversight I would have said

JJG wrote on 5/7/2019, 7:26 PM

Definitely a problem. I did see the post concerning the beta/trial version. I just thought that this type of problem would have been solved before releasing a major version. Thank you for the information kev-morson! I too am losing faith. I wasn't impressed with 8 and am disappointed in 9. Hopefully Magix will correct this ASAP.