ACID Pro 9.0.3 - not starting, want to cancel

Ian-Gilchrist wrote on 1/22/2020, 6:26 PM

I tried the demo for a few weeks and it worked, so I paid for the Acid Pro 365 yearly subscription. A month later, the program quit working- I can do ONE action and then it freezes. After 2 months of trying to get Acid Pro 9 to work, I have given up. I've been using software to make music since 1990, so I'm pretty sure it's not my fault.

I've tried everything the forums have said (ctrl-z, clear cache, run as admin, cross legs at ankles and drink a Coke through a blue straw while blinking "please work" in morse code, etc...) and I'm done.

Contacting Magix "Support" left me with this message:

----------------------------

Unfortunately your last registered product is too old.

You can buy a voucher in our shop. <broken link>

Further digging within the forum leads me to believe that in order to cancel my subscription (that ends in October 2020), I need to mail a letter. To Germany. Asking if I can please not pay for this software anymore.

Somebody please tell me I'm wrong. Is there a magic Magix link where I can just make this stop? I don't even care about a refund.

Thanks in advance.

-Ian

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 1/23/2020, 1:27 AM

Contacting Magix "Support" left me with this message:

Unfortunately your last registered product is too old.

You can buy a voucher in our shop. <broken link>

This is a regular fault of the Magix site. You need to log out entirely of the website. When you log back in you can get to support.

emmrecs wrote on 1/23/2020, 4:34 AM

@Ian-Gilchrist

Please read this topic and follow the advice given there.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam