Comments

Frank_Fader wrote on 10/28/2019, 5:38 AM

With "the last update", you refer to exactly which version? Acid Pro 9 V9.0.3.29 (public beta) I assume?

andrew-phillips wrote on 10/28/2019, 6:15 AM

Yes Frank as in the topic name, thx

Frank_Fader wrote on 10/28/2019, 7:37 AM

The audio files used in the project are mp3 in beatmapped mode? The beta has a problem with beatmapped mp3, we are looking into that.

andrew-phillips wrote on 10/28/2019, 7:51 AM

The audio files used in the project are mp3 in beatmapped mode? The beta has a problem with beatmapped mp3, we are looking into that.

Yes beatmapped and mp3

Would it work if i manually type in the bpm without beat mapping?

Frank_Fader wrote on 10/28/2019, 11:48 AM

Would it work if i manually type in the bpm without beat mapping?

I am afraid no. Typically there is an static offset about 30 ms, maybe you can adjust that manually by moving the event or modifying the event start offset. We are still researching on this issue.

andrew-phillips wrote on 10/28/2019, 12:19 PM

Thx for looking into as acid 9 as it is 100% unuseable for me right now

Former user wrote on 10/28/2019, 6:53 PM

Honestly, you should be converting those files to WAV, anyways.

Using Compressed Audio is like using Compressed Video, plus it's a waste of CPU resources to work with that type of media.

Frank_Fader wrote on 10/30/2019, 3:12 AM

I also suggest to use .WAV, because several MP3 decoders/encoders often calculate different lengths. Some DAWs cannot save audio signals as MP3 and reload it afterwards without appending some samples in front of it in my experience.

But when you have custom beatmap info generated (which is written into the .MP3 then), I am not aware of any way to transfer or re-save that into a wave file then by using ACID. Maybe Soundforge can do that (and keep the beatmap info)?

Frank_Fader wrote on 10/30/2019, 3:17 AM

Dear Andrew-Phillips,

can you contact me and provide the files or even the project which has sync problems? About 90% of the mp3 files we tried work ok so far, but it depends on VBR, encoder, Metadata etc,. so we need to test with the mp3 files which still cause problems.

andrew-phillips wrote on 10/31/2019, 10:23 AM

Honestly, y0ou should be converting those files to WAV, anyways.

Using Compressed Audio is like using Compressed Video, plus it's a waste of CPU resources to work with that type of media.

Not a lot of my source material comes in wavs that I sample etc unfortunatly

andrew-phillips wrote on 10/31/2019, 10:25 AM

Dear Andrew-Phillips,

can you contact me and provide the files or even the project which has sync problems? About 90% of the mp3 files we tried work ok so far, but it depends on VBR, encoder, Metadata etc,. so we need to test with the mp3 files which still cause problems.

A lot of my material is 320 ups, I only use as high as possible

The issue is whatever I use in acid 8 always works but not in 9 regstdlessvof the project

Former user wrote on 10/31/2019, 11:04 PM

WAV and AIFF are pretty de facto interchange formats for Audio Data. They're basically the ProRes and DNxHR of Audio.

If getting WAVs instead of MP3s was a problem, I'd find a different source for material.

I'm ignoring use cases like using Copyrighted songs, etc. as that's generally not legal and frankly a bad source of material as they may have dithering, etc. added to them. Compressed Audio files are generally full of noise.

I honestly don't know any other professional Audio or Video Editors who source most of their material in a compressed format. Even Sound Effects come as WAV by default.

Most DAWs will automatically convert MP3/AAC/FLAC/OGG/etc. to WAV or AIFF when you add the audio to your project, as well.

If all you have access to is MP3, that's fine. Just CONVERT the MP3 to WAV before using it in your project.

And I'd follow the same route for all of your future recordings and renders. Record and Render to WAV, and then convert to other formats if needed. Tools like Sound Forge can do Batch Conversions, and everyone here should at least have SFP12, at this point (as it was practically given away a couple months ago).

andrew-phillips wrote on 11/1/2019, 6:23 AM

WAV and AIFF are pretty de facto interchange formats for Audio Data. They're basically the ProRes and DNxHR of Audio.

If getting WAVs instead of MP3s was a problem, I'd find a different source for material.

I'm ignoring use cases like using Copyrighted songs, etc. as that's generally not legal and frankly a bad source of material as they may have dithering, etc. added to them. Compressed Audio files are generally full of noise.

I honestly don't know any other professional Audio or Video Editors who source most of their material in a compressed format. Even Sound Effects come as WAV by default.

Most DAWs will automatically convert MP3/AAC/FLAC/OGG/etc. to WAV or AIFF when you add the audio to your project, as well.

If all you have access to is MP3, that's fine. Just CONVERT the MP3 to WAV before using it in your project.

And I'd follow the same route for all of your future recordings and renders. Record and Render to WAV, and then convert to other formats if needed. Tools like Sound Forge can do Batch Conversions, and everyone here should at least have SFP12, at this point (as it was practically given away a couple months ago).

I know that using wav etc is a better format and that's bot the question ,I know it's a given.

I'm saying not all scource material I use will be wav as bot avaiable ,the issue I have is EVERY other version of acid I have works properly with mp3 and acid does not ,its totally broken for me and shouldn't be

Former user wrote on 11/2/2019, 5:13 PM

I know what you're saying, but some glitches that happen with MP3 files may not happen with the same files converted to WAV.

That is why my initial post was to convert all of that stuff to WAV.

MarcoStorm wrote on 11/13/2019, 4:22 AM

Dear @andrew-phillips,

please check our latest beta:
https://www.magix.info/de/forum/acid-pro-8-9-next-musicstudio-updated-public-beta-november-12--1232939/

This should solve your compatibility problems with mp3 files.

Best regards,

Marco