Comments

Matt-Francis wrote on 4/6/2019, 9:17 AM

I saw a tweet talking about Acid Pro Next. Some rapper I've never heard of demoed it at SXSW and it's supposed to come out next month. Nothing on the forum though! They still have issues with AP8, which I only got about a year ago and was practically unusable for me until the last update. Seems their community person has disappeared. You would think someone in the company would announce something.

CidBil wrote on 4/6/2019, 11:04 AM

From the product page, not a lot of info:

ACID Pro 9 will be released in May 2019.

ACID Pro 9 sneak peek: NEW: MIDI Playable Chopper (MPC)

Enhanced VST engine and ARA2 support

And much more...

Teles wrote on 4/6/2019, 7:57 PM

I upgraded to AP8 in November. In Australia the new purchase is $199 and upgrade is $149 (25% discount). This upgrade from 8 to 9 better not cost $149 again. Same goes with SF13. I'm going to use other products if the upgrades remain so expensive.

passionfly1 wrote on 4/7/2019, 11:08 AM

I upgraded to AP8 in November. In Australia the new purchase is $199 and upgrade is $149 (25% discount). This upgrade from 8 to 9 better not cost $149 again. Same goes with SF13. I'm going to use other products if the upgrades remain so expensive.

I agree too. These updates stacked so close to one another being so expensive are a real burdon financially. I have been a loyal Acid user since Sony Acid 4.0 days. I have seen my share of Acid upgrades to last me a lifetime not to mention companies selling it to others.

Tinus72 wrote on 4/29/2019, 2:21 AM

I bought the new version end march when the light theme came back. hope they have some discount offer to upgrade to the new version

sheppo wrote on 5/1/2019, 1:36 AM

I saw a tweet talking about Acid Pro Next. Some rapper I've never heard of demoed it at SXSW and it's supposed to come out next month. Nothing on the forum though! They still have issues with AP8, which I only got about a year ago and was practically unusable for me until the last update. Seems their community person has disappeared. You would think someone in the company would announce something.

@passionfly1 Yeah, that announcement came pretty much last minute, and then there wasn't a sign of the supposed live stream to show off the new product. I wasn't at SXSW, so no idea if the planned event went ahead.

The first Next beta was sent out to, i think, select beta testers a couple of days ago. So, things are definitely progressing. I'm not sure what details I am permitted to share about it at this moment. I will check and report back.

Petet wrote on 5/1/2019, 7:33 AM

May 6th this dude says?

mjn wrote on 5/1/2019, 10:48 AM

A bit off topic but I can't help wondering if they have a license to be using a Michael Jackson tune in their trade show display...

Dj-Gremix wrote on 5/1/2019, 6:31 PM

Existing Acid Pro 8 Users who purchased the product less than a year ago will receive the update for free?

Dj-Gremix wrote on 5/1/2019, 6:34 PM

A bit off topic but I can't help wondering if they have a license to be using a Michael Jackson tune in their trade show display...

I don't care. I want the version Pro 9 Next, that's all.

Djronrella wrote on 5/1/2019, 7:08 PM

Seen acid 9 coming and acid next coming!

Are they same?

roland14 wrote on 5/2/2019, 1:46 PM

So "Acid Pro 9" and "Acid Pro Next" are different or "Acid Pro Next" is a part of "Acid Pro 9"?

Djronrella wrote on 5/2/2019, 2:03 PM

Its a mystery!!!

Petet wrote on 5/4/2019, 11:32 AM

I'm praying that 8 was just a beta and 9 works like 7 lol

sheppo wrote on 5/4/2019, 2:57 PM

I'm praying that 8 was just a beta and 9 works like 7 lol

@Petet 7 already works just like 7. ;-)

Petet wrote on 5/4/2019, 4:06 PM

HAHA!! 64 bit. Can't wait to try 9

weevil wrote on 5/6/2019, 5:31 AM

Well 9 seems to be released but I can't seem to find where I can download a demo. No way in hell am I upgrading without trying it out first.

Edit: Oh there it is...Ha Ha, downloading now. :)

toddbooster wrote on 5/6/2019, 9:00 AM

Er, and what happened to ARA 2 and the Zynaptiq audio separation thingy from the video posted above? There's no mention of either on the updated website.

toddbooster wrote on 5/6/2019, 10:47 AM

Well, just got an email, and it turns out that ACID Pro Next is different (and much more expensive) than ACID Pro 9. Next has the Zynaptiq Stem Maker, but still no mention of ARA 2.

The naming convention has me scratching my head. Does this mean that next year there will be ACID Pro 10 and ACID Pro Next-Next?

roland14 wrote on 5/6/2019, 10:57 AM

I just downloaded demo of Acid pro 9 and none of my old projects work right, even worse then in pro 8, ozone 8 is not working and the vsts synths like spire serum have reverted to defolt presets, so nothing works, really bad Magix.

I'm done with acid, gonna move my old projects from acid pro 8.0.5(this is the version where most of the stuff works as it should) to studio one 4, where everything works as it should for years.

robertNC wrote on 5/6/2019, 11:00 AM

Official launch page https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-pro-next/

I watched the video of it and like it a lot. I really like the fact that Magix has teamed up with Zynaptiq for the stem plugin. Zynaptiq is an awesome plugin-maker and I hope this is just the start of some partnership- just check out Zynaptiq's webpage.

One other tidbit - I like the Acid logo in the video - it would make for a great television channel name😃

peachstealingmonkeys wrote on 5/6/2019, 12:27 PM

Acid 9 needs a patch quick. I have a bunch of older projects that use Wave regular VST plug-ins (x64) and some of them simply crash the application. It seems the changes they introduces were mainly focused on support of VST3, however the regression testing for older plug-ins was spotty. I suggest you do not remove the v8 and use it to complete the unfinished tracks, otherwise you'll have to reconfigure, re-apply the VST3 plug-ins for the v8 tunes to work with v9. Also, the icons bar in v9, the one below the menu bar is shifted lower and off-center, so only 70% of icon is displayed... some graphical glitch. QA needs some improvement in the Magix shop. When Sony owned the product this was never an issue with back-wards compatibility.

WatchWoods wrote on 5/6/2019, 6:13 PM

I'm a bit concerned...ran into a lot of issues with 8, now a little over a year later I'm supposed to shell out another $100 to upgrade, while most of those issues I faced since day one of upgrading to 8 never got fixed? This seems like the equivalent of pay to win in a game

mark-montfort wrote on 5/6/2019, 8:01 PM

Differences in versions:

https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/acid-pro-next/version-comparison/#c1045545

When I first looked at the chart, I was baffled / irritated that there would be a difference between PRO and Next versions... (we seem to have different understandings of what should be entailed in a "PRO" version). But then in looking at the chart, it made me very happy! I've been using Acid since v1 or 2 (don't remember offhand), purchased 3, 4, 5, 6 and currently have 7 Pro.

Of the features that most interested me, what Next has that Pro 9 doesn't are either a) features / plugins I already have in Samplitude Suite 4; b) included software I don't need (I own Melodyne full version; I own iZotope and TC Electronic metering solutions; and the cool as hell sounding STEM separation feature was in fact doing a pretty terrible job on the three examples they have on the website -so that's no draw for me); or c) loops or sample content I don't really care about because I've got so frickin' much / many already!

Bottom Line: I can upgrade to 9 PRO much more affordably than Next would run me. Now I just need to decide if I'm going to -Samplitude already does so much of this (and more!!) any way. Although I am a nostalgic ol' bugger...