Acid Pro 8 x64 hang during beatmapper wizard

sheppo wrote on 4/23/2018, 5:56 PM

Hi,

I've been using Acid Pro and Acid music for several years now, so super stoked to see Acid Pro launch today. I installed and activated my copy earlier today and set about testing it. My most recent project and all the effects load fine... so, far so good.

However, I've found a bug in Acid Pro x64

1. create a new project, or use an existing project
  2. add a new audio file
  3. when prompted, start the beatmapper wizard
  4. change the downbeat location - if I don't change the downbeat location this bug doesn't happen
  5. click next - the beatmapper wizard will crash and take Acid Pro with it

If I don't change the downbeat location the application doesn't crash

This also happens if skip running the beatmapper wizard when I add the audio, but then choose to run it later and change the downbeat location.

other info / things I have tried

• Windows 10 x64 build 10.0.17134.1 (slow ring insider)
  • Also have Acid Music 10.0 build 134 installed
  • Had an earlier version of Acid Pro installed too, I've uninstalled that
  • Tried reinstalling Acid Pro x64
  • Tried removing all third party VSTs from Acid Pro
  • Tried different audio files, of differing codecs (MP3, FLAC)
  • Tried the same files in Acid Music 10, and Acid Pro x86 - they pass through the beatmapper wizard just fine
  • Tried removing all Acid programs (Acid Pro 7, Acid Pro 8 x32/x64, Acid Music 10), and renaming / deleting any MAGIX folders in program files and appdata, and then reinstalling Acid Pro 8 x86/x64
  • I've noticed that the beatmapper logo looks like the old Acid Music version, as in the below screenshot. Is this normal?

If there's any more information or logs I can provide to help troubleshoot this issue please do let me know,

EDIT: added more detail, and tried a few more things to troubleshoot

Comments

sheppo wrote on 4/24/2018, 1:06 PM

This works in the x86 version of acid pro 8. I've reinstalled the x64 version and it still crashes.

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/24/2018, 2:17 PM

What kind of file are you trying to beatmap?
I've been using the 64bit version for the last 24 hours and haven't had any beatmapping issues.

jocker-boy wrote on 4/24/2018, 4:05 PM

I also have this problem with Beatmapper in AP 8 (x64) after setting the first "downbeat" I click next and the beatmapper stops working and hangs the whole program.Im work in Windows 10 64bit

manni-sandhu wrote on 4/24/2018, 4:32 PM

Also have this problem

sheppo wrote on 4/25/2018, 4:51 AM

I updated the initial post with additional troubleshooting steps, and observations. I think the next step is for me to escalate to technical support.

mike-beaubien wrote on 4/25/2018, 11:34 PM

Same here. Crashing while using beat mapper wizard.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/26/2018, 7:32 AM

Noted and fowarded to the ACID team. 😉👍

--666- wrote on 4/28/2018, 6:32 PM

Found a solution!

Run as admin and in WINDOWS 8 compatibility mode, worked for me.

jocker-boy wrote on 4/29/2018, 4:14 PM

Found a solution!

It's don't work at my...:(

sheppo wrote on 4/29/2018, 5:09 PM

Found a solution!

It's a workaround, so thank you for that. However I wouldn't call the problem solved as it severly limits the product running it like this. Specifically it is not possible to drag audio files in to any application running in Administrative context, and there will be issues regarding accessing user-defined file locations.

nonspin wrote on 4/30/2018, 6:41 AM

Beatmapper works absolutely fine on Windows 7 (x64).
If the x86 version runs properly on a 64it W10 machine,
it's most likely a floating-point issue - Therefor' adding your
Chipset and CPU would be helpful i suppose.

sunny-g wrote on 4/30/2018, 8:21 AM

im using 64 bit version and still having the beatmapper crashing issue

jocker-boy wrote on 4/30/2018, 9:01 AM

Beatmapper works absolutely fine on Windows 7 (x64).
If the x86 version runs properly on a 64it W10 machine,
it's most likely a floating-point issue - Therefor' adding your
Chipset and CPU would be helpful i suppose.

How I can add this floating point ? I used Windows 10 Pro x64

SeNz073 wrote on 5/17/2018, 1:59 AM

I have the same problem, but the strange thing is that Acid showed no problems since installation 2 weeks ago, and all of a sudden (yesterday) every time I want to use the beatmapper... the whole program crashes.. every single time... and I didnt changed anything, so how can it be that I used the program 2 whole weeks with no problemz, almost every single day and yesterday it keeps crashing on this beatmapper issue.. Using w7 x64 on a i5 wiv 8gb ram ... blablabla...

** I thought it was only me cause windows surprises me every single time again, so I am glad I see the problem is already known by others too.. now I need a solution please :P

jaime-camire wrote on 5/19/2018, 1:33 AM

I had this problem as well. If you let the track register in beatmapper first ,then find your starting beat with the loop tool the crashing stops.

SeNz073 wrote on 5/23/2018, 2:24 PM

It's also a workaround, but the problem ofcourse isn't solved as well ...

jaime-camire wrote on 5/23/2018, 5:13 PM

your welcome

sheppo wrote on 5/24/2018, 1:40 PM

@jaime-camire thanks for the info, although it is ultimately a work around, anything that can help people until a proper fix for the issue comes along is appreciated. :)

jocker-boy wrote on 6/1/2018, 4:09 AM

Unfortunately, despite the update of AP8 to version 8.0.3.223, there is still a problem with the work of Beatmapper in my case it happens with wav files. I do not know how to mp3 files because I do not use them.I hope it will be repaired one day.
Disabling UAC in Windows 10 64 bit does not give any change.It is even worse than in version 8.0.1 where only some files wav Beatmapper hangs. Now the program hangs every time.

jocker-boy wrote on 6/1/2018, 4:24 AM

In the Task Manager you can see such problems regarding AP 8 after the program hangs while using Beatmapper.

Nyambino wrote on 7/15/2018, 1:55 AM

Hi,

Installed the latest trial version. The Beatmapper also crashes.

Running windows 10. Seems to be a common problem among my friends as well...

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

jocker-boy wrote on 7/26/2018, 2:17 AM

Hi,

Installed the latest trial version. The Beatmapper also crashes.

Running windows 10. Seems to be a common problem among my friends as well...

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

I also have such hope ... because Acid Pro is a very good program that I have been using for many years.But without a well-functioning Beatmapper you will not do anything towards a remix or mix.I think so Magix team will deal with this important problem.Cheers

jocker-boy wrote on 8/11/2018, 3:38 AM

Beatmapper it still works badly.It analyzes the files well 2-3 and then freezes.It is a pity because it is a basic and very useful tool, the basis of this DAW program.

mike-beaubien wrote on 8/11/2018, 1:48 PM

Beatmapper it still works badly.It analyzes the files well 2-3 and then freezes.It is a pity because it is a basic and very useful tool, the basis of this DAW program.

Yup...Still have to use ACID Music Studio 10 even though I have purchased ACID PRO 8