Acid Pro 8 - version 8.0.8.29 will not open but shows in task manager

Mark-Parvin wrote on 10/28/2019, 4:38 AM

Acid Pro 8 Version 8.0.8.29 (Windows 10 Home) - I double click my desktop shortcut, the program will not open, (no load up screen, nothing) but shows up in the Task Manager as a Background Process, using 0% CPU.

I have not been able to afford to upgrade to Acid Pro 9 and many forums suggest the last few updates of Acid Pro 8 cause the software not to work.

I have tried a few fix-tips but no luck so far, please help.

Comments

Former user wrote on 10/28/2019, 12:21 PM

Delete the ACID Pro Scan files in %AppData%\Roaming

Then try starting up the DAW.

If that doesn't work... Uninstall and Reinstall after deleting it's AppData and ProgramData folders.

Mark-Parvin wrote on 10/28/2019, 3:10 PM

Thanks, was weary of doing all that, but ultimately my quick fix was literally disconnecting my PC from the net - in flight mode the DAW starts up as normal. Back to the tracks! :)

When I am ready to upgrade I expect I'll have to uninstall though.. As long as project files can be kept where they are..

ty

ShawnMH wrote on 10/31/2019, 11:40 AM

I have had this problem since the last build as well, - I open Task Manager, then "End task" Acid 8.0.8.29 and restart it, - it always starts up 2nd time.

Annoying though, no doubt.

Mark-Parvin wrote on 10/31/2019, 11:48 AM

Aye, again thanks, no such luck for me it just went round and round so I'm just putting flight mode on and switching wifi off if I'm going to get making some music … kinda feel safer that way, 10 years ago I had a laptop for internet use and a desktop for music which was never connected ...