ACID PRO 8 (SAVE FAILURE)

seventieskid wrote on 4/11/2020, 3:40 PM

Hello, anybody have problems with Acid Pro 8 not saving project data correcty, specifically synth presets in DN e1 synth ?

When I re open my project Acid is just loading random presets in the DN e1, not the preset I was using !

Impossible to trust the software when it does stuff like this, glad I only paid a tenner for the key off fanatical.com, was going to upgrade to 10 but after this I think I might pass...

Anybody know whats up ?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 4/12/2020, 3:34 AM

@seventieskid

Welcome to the Magix forums.

I think you are not alone with this problem. A very quick search of the forum led, amongst many others, to this thread.

I don't think I've seen any reports of this with the latest version of Acid.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Former user wrote on 4/13/2020, 9:01 AM

VSTi/dls plugins that give you changeable name or code (0:0:0) in the head of a MIDI-track must set keyframes to define (each) programme, e.g. under the key we set 46:121:1=Yangqin in GM2, etc.
The plugin DN-e1 canbe only used with its 1st programme bank (A), and should be saved with the programme change under keyframes in your project. 

Salut!

seventieskid wrote on 4/13/2020, 9:52 AM

Thank you, will probably just avoid DN-e1, have got a couple of other synths that it saves fine, thanks again for the advice.