Acid Pro 8 - nice program, but bad yet

Newman-cz wrote on 5/23/2018, 6:47 AM

For several years I have been using ACID for my professional job.
I was looking forward to 64 bit. version so I can use the new effects already on 32 bit. they are not. Unfortunately, I have to say that the current build 143 is inapplicable to the work.

Every second star program falls. Tested on both desktop and laptop.
Not only on projects created in version 7, but also in their own projects. Very bad. He can not work with him professionally. I have to go back to version 7.

I know it's a fresh kid and some mistakes always appear. But I feel like an alpha tester and not as a user who can work seriously.

Just wait for the next assembly and still send bug reports. I've sent them a few tens ...

I am writing reviews on the Czech music server www.audiozone.cz, so I will wait and I will not make a negative review. The Acid program would have made it unnecessary.

I hold my thumbs, maybe it will be good

Mirek Pisa

Comments

sunny-g wrote on 5/23/2018, 9:05 AM

agreed it crashes almost everytime i use it

can't load a project without it crashing

can't beatmap without it crashing

the chopper audio is out of sync with wave forms on beatmapped tracks that are pitched up or down

all of this has been reported several times but nothing is done!! very dissapointing

Baldhead67 wrote on 5/23/2018, 10:14 AM

I wrote in about the crashing issue it Acid Pro 8. I waited about 3 weeks and got no answer. Then i get an email that you refunded my money. Way to go Magix. After waiting all these years, this is what I get.

Newman-cz wrote on 5/25/2018, 6:11 PM

Acid has released a new build of 223 (x64 version)

DEMO project reports plug-in errors: "Plug-in: Sony Track EQ' failed to load. Please make sure the plug-in is properly installed. " and "Plug-in: 'VEGAS Track EQ' failed to load. Please make sure the plug-in is properly installed." !!!!!!!!!!

Guys, what are you doing there?

In the first test project, the program ended when analyzing the Beatmapper tracks. The first song was fine, the second was jammed and helped to kill the program hard. Wrong again.

I wanted to open the next project and kill the program again. "Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)"

I do not know what is being improved, but stability is definitely not.

It's bad, it's bad, it's bad ....

shintobi wrote on 5/30/2018, 5:21 AM

Hi Newman-cz,

the plug-in errors are discussed in this post.

Best Regards,

\Tobi

Sean-Weyers wrote on 1/12/2019, 6:28 AM

I agree. I've tried to warn other people before, but they took my post down. It is completely unusable for a professional. This thing is TERRIBLE. Basic functions were not working on release, such as ReWire slave mode (which I had to figure out how to fix on my own before they patched it). And on that note: there has been ONE update since APRIL and the program has massive problems. THEN, Magix releases Suite... and now I feel totally ripped off after having upgraded, to what is now, the basic version of this program. I was with ACID since V3... Magix has absolutely killed it. I will never buy a Magix product again.

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 1/13/2019, 5:41 PM

Guys,

Cmon, I use Acid 2 or 3 times week in and week out. Sure it crashes once in a while but sometimes that is my fault. It's not perfect but there just isn't anything else available that does what Acid does the way Acid does it. I use the beat-mapper constantly, I have never had the beat-mapper crash Acid, ever. I know there is a problem for some people, I recognize that, but I also remember that ACID sat around for years without support until Magix picked it up and re-wrote the code to 64bit. That was no simple matter. Have some patience. Really. I had far more problems with SONAR in one month than I've ever had with ACID. And SONAR cost a hell of a lot more, and then disappeared. A frigging money pit.

I am experiencing problems with the chopper, no doubt. There are other issues. ACID is not a DAW. I does what I want it to do. It's still the fastest and easiest way to lay out ideas or a basic track. For $150 WOW.

Will

CidBil wrote on 1/14/2019, 5:37 AM

I totally agree Will....I use Acid every day, and have had few if any issues.....I'd be curious to know how many users out there feel the same way.....I'd be willing to bet that number is far greater than the "dissatisfied" users.......

mellotronworker wrote on 1/14/2019, 3:52 PM

I totally agree Will....I use Acid every day, and have had few if any issues.....I'd be curious to know how many users out there feel the same way.....I'd be willing to bet that number is far greater than the "dissatisfied" users.......

<SFX> Not even the sound of crickets </SFX>

mellotronworker wrote on 1/14/2019, 3:55 PM

There are other issues. ACID is not a DAW.

"ACID Pro 8 is the creative DAW for every type of music producer"

Source https://www.magix.com/gb/music/acid-pro/

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 1/15/2019, 5:18 PM

Really? a DAW?

I think if the powers that be try to make Acid a DAW it will ruin what is best about it. I could see adding a few more things but it's ease of use and it's speed are it's best features. Now that's just my opinion and only worth so much. But if you need a DAW there are many excellent DAWs available. I'm a "SONAR refugee" and while researching a replacement, Magix offered a deal for Samplitude that I couldn't pass on.

So far Samplitude ProX4 Suite has been excellent for my needs. Check it out if you need a DAW. One thing I think you will all like is that all of Samplitude's VST(i)'s work within Samplitude. Going back and forth is easy, and Rewire makes it even easier. Samplitude has an incredible audio engine.

I was also very impressed with Digital Performer and I believe the days of Pro Tools ruling the audio world are over. Program's like Studio 1, Cubase, and many others suffer from being over featured, trying to be all things to all users. Some processes within these programs are great, others so entangled without any elegance or thought to efficient workflow they just become useless.

Trying to make ACID into a DAW will result, I fear, into the same kind of thing. To me, how a DAW gets from A to Z is far more important than how many things or features are crammed into it. And lastly DAWs cost a lot. It's not just the purchase price either, Paid updates, upgrades every year, even every other year add up considerably. For $149 Acid Pro 8 is a very good bargain. I believe (for what that is worth, lol) any development should be invested in making it work better, and for more users if that is possible.

I do recognize that some users are frustrated with Acid, I don't really get it, maybe because I'm not having similar problems. Hopefully Acid will continue to improve with what it is best at.

Will

Norm-Vork wrote on 1/16/2019, 3:11 PM

I used to have a lot of crashing problems with Acid Pro 7 and Music Studio 10. Not even one crash yet with Pro 8 and it's been 7 or 8 months. … I thought ACID is a DAW. Why isn't it? Is there something it lacks that makes it inferior that I'm not knowing about?

Will-Kenworthy wrote on 1/21/2019, 1:42 PM

Most problems are from plugins, drivers, or improper setup.

Really. Same with other software too. Easy to get mad, but if you dig in and check things out, Usually you get results. That's almost always what gets me back to work ...... If I can stop yelling at my computer long enough to do it, LOL!!

One of the most useful tools is the Event Viewer. You can find it in the Windows Computer Management Console. That's in the Administrative tools folder. It will tell you all kinds of stuff. Way more than you want, for sure. It will tell you what the problem is with software like Acid, drivers, codecs, services and tasks, on, and on, and ....

Will