ACID Pro 8 access violation error during Burn disc at once.

johnsonme06 wrote on 7/30/2019, 7:02 PM

Hi all,

Been using ACID Pro 8 since December 2018 and before that several ACID Music Studio versions dating back to 5. Never have I encountered an access violation error in any of these programs until Pro 8, and to be honest this has been my first CD burning attempt with this software. I can render to MP3 or WAV just fine without any issues. When using the burn disc at once option it gives me the error of being logged in on a system without administrative privileges. This is the only account on the pc and it is indeed an admin account. It did start the burn and finished but failed on the burn lead out. Tried on a different CD but this time tried the Test Only option and it also failed again but gave a different error code. I've ran CHKDSK with the repair option and have also reinstalled Pro 8 to no avail. The error codes i am getting are as follows:

First burn (Disc at Once)

ACID Pro
Version 8.0.8 (Build 29) 64-bit
Exception 0xC0000005 (access violation) READ:0x00000000242F603F IP:0x00007FFBC9D82503
In Module 'ntdll.dll' at Address 0x00007FFBC9D70000 + 0x0000000000012503
Thread: GUI ID=0x638 Stack=

Test Only (Disc at Once)

ACID Pro
Version 8.0.8 (Build 29) 64-bit
Exception 0xC0000005 (access violation) WRITE:0x0000000000000000 IP:0x0000000000000000
In Module 'acid80.exe' at Address 0x0000000000000000 + 0x0000000000000000
Thread: GUI ID=0x524 Stack=

Hope these codes help, I've tried nearly everything I know how to with this software.

Comments

johnsonme06 wrote on 7/31/2019, 2:49 PM

Also I have went under compatibility mode and selected the checkbox for Run as administrator, as well as in the Advanced section under properties and checking run as administrator there. Anyone else know of anything else to try with this?

johnsonme06 wrote on 8/1/2019, 4:23 PM

I've tried uninstalling and trying the 32 bit version to see if it would act any differently and it of course is also giving the same access violation error. I've used different CD burning programs and they all work fine. Also while I'm here what is the warranty period on tech support. I purchased ACID Pro 8 back in December 2018 and when I try tech support it wants me to purchase a voucher just to talk to them, is this a normal thing for technical support on a product purchase slightly over 6 months old?

johnsonme06 wrote on 8/2/2019, 5:16 PM

This is beginning to feel like a journal instead of a forum since no one seems to want to respond with any kind of input but anyways I've also tried re-installing with running the installer as administrator which is now my final option and it did not work either. Pretty sad I've paid $150 for software that won't burn a CD and have to pay $13 more to even talk to tech support. I've always bragged about this software since Acid Music Studio 5 but now looks like i have to use some other free program to do a professional software's work of just burning a CD.

johnebaker wrote on 8/3/2019, 4:24 AM

@johnsonme06

Hi

. . . . This is beginning to feel like a journal instead of a forum since no one seems to want to respond with any kind of input . . .

The issue you are having is with an Acid call to a Windows DLL - ntdll.dll and it is probable that the issue is with Windows and not Acid.

I would suggest you start with a Windows system file check - see this tutorial steps 4 to 11 and then if that does not fix the issue follow the methods 1 and 2 in the solution here.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

johnsonme06 wrote on 8/3/2019, 7:34 AM

Thank you johnebaker for giving me something to try next, this has been a very frustrating issue since there's people wanting a mix that I've completed. I will try these steps and give you an update on the situation. Thank you very much again for the response.

sheppo wrote on 8/5/2019, 3:37 PM

@johnsonme06 - how did you get on with a system file check?

Have you also tried running the Administrator. Right click on Acid Pro 8, run as Administrator. If you're on windows 10 and select Acid Pro from the start menu, depending on your version of Windows 10 you may need to right click -> More -> run as administrator.

The issue may relate to the C++ redistributable, which is installed with Acid. Your PC may have multiple versions installed, and each version can have many updates installed. It can be a bit of a mess. So it may be advisable to run a repair on the latest version.

I previously answered this in this forum post - https://www.magix.info/uk/forum/installation-error--1205336/#ca1387953 - I would try removing Acid Pro before attempting to follow those instructions. Good luck!

Secondly, apologies for not responding sooner. John, myself, and other moderators here are just regular paying customers like yourself that try to help out where we can. We try, but aren't perfect. :-/ The best option for getting urgent help, especially when you have paying customers waiting is to contact the official magix support.

You can do that by clicking contact at the foot of this page, and heading to the support section.

johnsonme06 wrote on 8/5/2019, 4:25 PM

No worries guys, I understand, I was just in a bit of a time crunch (and very frustrated lol) to get this out to some friends but it didn't work out getting it to them on CD yet. The running as administrator hasn't worked from the beginning and the system file check found corrupt files but couldn't fix them. Seems because I'm on Windows 10 Home Edition it won't let me replace the ntdll.dll file at all even though this account on this PC is an Administrator and I've tried several ways to make sure all the check boxes are checked on the privileges but they remain grayed out and no matter what I do it won't let me change them. Even when I go to Computer Management looking at the Users it gives me the "This snapin cannot be used with this edition of Windows" message. I'm thinking about doing a PC reset anyway since I've had a few big Windows updates come through that seem to always remove my Nvidia graphics drivers everytime and then reinstall everything fresh again, then try to make ACID Pro 8 run again on a fresh Windows 10. I hate doing that since it takes so much time to re-download everything but I might make my headaches in the end go away. Thanks for the suggestions and Sheppo I will also give your suggestion a try since I couldn't get John's tactic to work either. Will be in touch with updates though, and I really appreciate the help and apologize for all the ranting earlier.

sheppo wrote on 8/6/2019, 5:48 PM

@johnsonme06

I wouldn't expect you'd be able to replace ntdll.dll, since it's a fundamental part of windows and in use all the time. It's part of the reason why troubleshooting issues that report that are so difficult to get to the bottom of. If you're seeing issues with a system file check that you can't fix that does point to larger problems... problems I can't possibly hope to help you fix without knowing more information. If you have any more information please do pass it on.

as for the computer management, and nvidia drivers issue. these are limitations of use home edition, and partly the way microsoft now pushes updates for windows 10. Frustrations that, sadly, I doubt will be fixed by doing a reset, so until other avenues are exhausted you might be better avoiding that for time being - especially since you know how much effort that can be to get back to the same point.

> I really appreciate the help and apologize for all the ranting earlier.

no offense taken, totally get how frustrating computers can be, sometimes! :)

johnsonme06 wrote on 8/10/2019, 7:13 PM

Quick update on the issue. I've had to render my mix with ACID Pro 8 and revert back to Sony ACID Music Studio 9 in order to burn a CD of my mix and everything was successful the first time trying. Luckily i was able to locate all my serial numbers and my original download of Sony Acid MS 9. This I guess will have to be my workaround for now. I will try redownloading the main installer from the support site here where my products are listed for ACID Pro 8. That is another option I haven't tried yet, just in case the original installer that i downloaded in the beginning was corrupted in some way. Will update again soon. Thanks