Acid Pro 8.05 Freezing / Crashing (x64)

DangitOllie wrote on 9/4/2018, 1:23 AM

Having this issue when I send my tracks (bare, no added effects) to render individually (16 bit/44.1/PCM Mono), the program hangs and I'm forced to shut it down. Anybody have this issue? Any workarounds?

Encountering numerous issues with the application while handling wav files and freezing. All project settings will match. Upon playback, with effects enabled, sometimes a specific track will not play- then the application freezes and dies.

Comments

frank18 wrote on 9/4/2018, 10:51 PM

Try real-time render of individual tracks.

DangitOllie wrote on 9/4/2018, 10:57 PM

Tried that already, still wind up with it crashing. Sometimes it works fine, other times- not so much.

sheppo wrote on 9/5/2018, 4:03 AM

Can anyone confirm this bug please?

I have tried this on 8.06 - it's a beta release that still has a good number show stopper of bugs in it - and I am able to render a mono, 16bit 44.1khz PCM WAV without a problem. When as rendering the project, rendering the project as separate tracks, and also a selection rendering to a new track.

DangitOllie wrote on 9/5/2018, 2:37 PM

It seems that the entire application freezes on a number of other instances for me as well. Moving the timeline indicator point while a track is playing almost certainly trashes the app as well. I’ve disabled all effects, made sure every file is in the same format throughout and am still winding up with crashes. Sometimes it’ll be an hour before it freezes, but since the recent update to 8.05 it seems to be happening at a higher rate, usually a couple minutes at a time. I tested my computer drives and ram for issues, all new within the last 4 months, no problem detected there.

DangitOllie wrote on 9/5/2018, 10:13 PM

I may *fingers crossed* have an idea of what's happening. After I deleted (not bypass / turn off) the eFX Vocal Strip off of a track, I seem to have no errors. Hopefully this is it. Will update in a few days.

sheppo wrote on 9/8/2018, 5:14 AM

Good spot. Can you post steps to reproduce the issue?

DangitOllie wrote on 9/8/2018, 6:51 PM

Have been using the app for about 4 hours straight no issues (without the plugin). Recorded the screen as I added the eFX Vocal Strip to a vocal track, and BAM -froze up. Video attached. Don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but if you do, I would look at this.

lt20018 wrote on 9/18/2018, 6:21 PM

yup similar problems as shown in the video above...im not using as many tracks due to maybe a different style or genre of music. My tracks are also .wav or .mp3.

David-Jack wrote on 9/27/2018, 3:42 PM

Same issue - same fix! Thanks so much. This has been driving me nuts!

Animal-Nation wrote on 1/15/2019, 5:11 PM

Hey, was anybody here able to find any solution to the eFX Vocal Strip crash problem?
I inserted this plugin into one of my tracks the other day, and really like the way it sounds, but it's continually crashing Acid Pro anytime it's enabled.

Animal-Nation wrote on 1/15/2019, 5:14 PM

Same issue - same fix! Thanks so much. This has been driving me nuts!

"Same Fix" - What was your fix?
Sorry, I couldn't find it in the thread.

DangitOllie wrote on 1/16/2019, 4:58 PM

Just don’t use the plugin unfortunately, I felt the same way. But then I got a couple plugins through Waves and I don’t deal with the crashing issue at all. I don’t know if any updates have fixed this at all.

Sarge727 wrote on 4/22/2019, 6:50 AM

I think this version was release a bit to early, too many bugs, no immediate fix even as I continue to send error reports. Very unfortunate, it takes me out of my creative zone grrr