Acid Pro 8.0 Vintage Organ

ShawnMH wrote on 4/28/2018, 10:58 AM

I am getting constant unwanted distortion from this instrument, levels are all fine and Zoom UAC-2 is working correctly. I have Akai MPD 218 and Yamaha S30 on midi inputs, but even on screen keyboard (with mouse) is doing it.

All other Magix supplied instruments play cleanly, as do all of the many VI's that I already had.

Anybody else having this issue with Vintage Organ?

Comments

ShawnMH wrote on 5/23/2018, 4:44 AM

This is still an issue for me, and a very weird one at that. I have tons of other virtual instruments on my computer, as well as other DAW's. None of those have any problem.

Is there a way to just uninstall the virtual instrument itself, and reinstall it without disrupting the entire system? The way that Magix delivered the software to the end-user, bundling everything together, - I don't know how to go about this?

It is not a matter of latency, buffers, or anything like that. And again, all the other virtual instruments from Magix work as expected.

shintobi wrote on 5/24/2018, 4:54 AM

Dear ShawnMH,

thanks for your report. Our development team will work on it and we‘ll give you an information when the issue is fixed as soon as possible.

Best regards,

\Tobi

ShawnMH wrote on 5/26/2018, 9:18 AM

I managed to be able to play the Vintage Organ by setting my buffer to an unrealistic 2048 @ 96Khz. It was a bit more playable (mostly no constant distortion/crackles), although polyphony has to be kept low, as well as hardly being able to touch the sustain pedal.

Performance seemed worse on 44 and 48, with buffer still @ 2048 or any lower. I have swapped out my Zoom UAC-2 (since original post), for an RME Babyface Pro.

2048 is a super high buffer for this (very well known) interface with nothing on any other tracks. Anyhow, this should rule out any audio driver or interface issues being the problem.

As I originally stated, I have tons of virtual instruments, all very well-known/tried and true. They are all still working correctly without issue. My normal working sample rate is 96Khz and 96 buffer for live input/monitor of guitar and virtual instruments.

By the way, what I DO hear of Vintage Organ is very decent sounding. And, surprisingly, at 2048 buffer it was pretty easy to play. I would guess the RME BF Pro might have something to do with that .

shintobi wrote on 5/29/2018, 5:11 AM

Hi,

thank you for your details. We checked it with and without several audio interfaces. The vintage organ synth produces a lot of voices when played. (which you can check at the top right corner, there is a label called 'Voices:') So after a certain amount of keys you hit simultaneously, the buffer will overload, due to the huge amount of voices produced. When using an interface or increasing the buffer size, the tolerance gets higher as you noticed. This instrument behaves as it should though.

Best Regards,

\Tobi