Acid Pro 8.0 Application Initialization: Error code: -1

Jarmo-Torvinen wrote on 4/18/2020, 3:08 AM

When I start the Acid Pro 8.0 program for the first time, it works fine. But the second time the program will not start. The program displays Application Initialization: Error code: -1. I have uninstalled the program and re-installed, but it does not help. The firewall does not prevent the acid from starting. All the entries from Explorers TLS 1.0 through TLS 1.2 are checked off in the list. And I changed Background Intelligent Transfer Service to automatic. I'm desperate, I'm asking you to help me.

Comments

jason-shaw wrote on 4/8/2021, 9:59 AM

I realise that this is an old post, but I came across it when searching this Forum for exactly the same issue with Acid Pro Suite 10 - that is, it worked fine straight after installation, but then every time after that e.g. following a restart of my PC, when I tried to start Acid Pro Suite 10 I got the error: Application Initialization: Error code: -1.

I tried all the suggestions above, as well as checking that my Firewall was not blocking Acid.

For what it's worth (and it may of course not resolve this issue for everyone) I found the solution for me was simply to run Acid as an administrator (right click on the Acid exe on your Desktop, select Properties, then tick ''run this programme as administrator'', then Apply). Hopefully that might be a solution for at least some people.

Djronrella wrote on 4/9/2021, 4:43 AM

@Jarmo-Torvinen @jason-shaw

I was having major error codes of all kinds!

I went into setting in acid pro Options and did the following!! So far Acid is working perfect for 2 weeks!

Default All in ACID PRO SETTINGS!!!!!

In Any Acid Pro under Options you have Prefernces!

Look closely and at the bottom you see Default All

It resets ACID to original settings without ruining tracks!!!

A good problem fixer!!

Hope This works!

jason-shaw wrote on 4/9/2021, 4:53 AM

Many thanks indeed for that - I will try it.

Best wishes 😀

Alan-Pitt wrote on 10/1/2022, 8:31 AM

Djronrella but how do you get into Acid Pro options if every time you attempt to start the software you're met with an application initialisation -1 error?

Djronrella wrote on 10/1/2022, 8:46 AM

@Alan-Pitt sorry I misunderstood your question!!!

Ok question!?

When error pops up on screen!?

Does it show at bottom area to show more info on Microsoft Security services?

If so click it to take you to Security area and follow instructions as it may be blocking install! And allow it to run!!

I wish I had more info on that problem but I did do that fix when I had upgrade option and it worked and upgrade went thru!!!!

Alan-Pitt wrote on 10/1/2022, 3:32 PM

Djronrella the Acid pro -1 error only displays the error code in a small window. The software will not open. Uninstalling the programme allows Acid to open but as soon as it closes the error arises over and over like a repeating pattern. I have tried the alt+shift but this doesn't work.

Alan-Pitt wrote on 10/3/2022, 1:47 PM

Jarmo-Torvinen I found your message regarding -1 error code and this has started happening on my Acid Pro 11 Suite and wondered did you find a solution or have you stopped using Acid? I've tried the suggestion by jason-shaw to go into settings and default all. It didn't work. I already run Acid as administrator so the suggestion by Djronrella is also null and void. I have installed and reinstalled umpteen times and Acid pro always starts and loads fine. However, it's when you close the application and attempt to reopen it that the - 1 error message appears. I've even uninstalled every security app and stopped Microsoft Defender from running but still, the error message continues. It's clearly been around for a while now.

SP. wrote on 10/3/2022, 4:21 PM

@Alan-Pitt In which directory are you installing ACID? Under Program Files? Maybe try another directory. Maybe C:\Users\YourWindowsUsername\ACID\ This directory doesn't require special security privileges.

Be also sure to try Windows 8 compatibility mode.

I suspect that ACID tries to save the program settings or registration after you close it. So it either writes them to a file or to the Windows registry. It's possible that this process doesn't completely finishes. The next time you open ACID, it will then crash because it loads incomplete data. The first program start seems to work fine, because there's nothing to load.

johnebaker wrote on 10/4/2022, 2:16 AM

@Alan-Pitt

Hi

Error code -1  usually means the program cannot cannot connect to the Internet for registration, or the email address software is registered with does not match current email address.

Are you using the original email address the program was registered with?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.