Comments

delvinar wrote on 5/25/2018, 12:32 AM

I installed the new 223 update as well. The problem I'm having is that all the stock Vegas/Sony/Magix effects are now missing. It looks like they got deleted after running the update. Effects such as Dither, Reverb, Simple Delay, Track EQ, etc. are completely missing. I searched my hard drive for them but came up emtpy. How can I get them back?

mauro-s wrote on 5/25/2018, 1:19 AM

Yes me too - all those disappeared from my setup as well

william-buck wrote on 5/25/2018, 5:55 AM

Confirmed, the stock Vegas/Sony plugins are missing (or not picked up). I knew something was odd when I first opened AP8 after the update and I received an error message about missing plugins when I attempted to open an AP8 demo project "New World". Any projects that have these plugins will get an error message about missing plugins. This is new as it did not happen in the original release build. Not good that you can't open an AP8 demo project without a missing plugins error message.

CidBil wrote on 5/25/2018, 6:31 AM

Well, just for comparison, I installed the update build 223, and have not experienced any of those issues....AP8 64bit is working flawlessly on my Windows 10 laptop.....sorry you folks are having issues.....btw, I've had no problems whatsoever since my upgrade to AP8....

John81 wrote on 5/25/2018, 6:34 AM

Same issues here! In the previous version I had serious problems with loading project that would always crash. This seems to be fixed now, but now all the stock Vegas plugins (e.g. like simple EQ) are missing. I don't understand how the devs have missed this while testing. Looks like we'll have to wait for a new update.

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/25/2018, 7:03 AM

Hi everybody,

We have replicated the issue on our systems and can confirm this. We are really sorry about this inconvenience!

Please, everybody who has this issue, deinstall and reinstall ACID Pro. This should fix it.

You can use the following links for the current version 8.0.3 (Build 223):

64 bit: http://rdir.magix.net/?page=DYC0W5O31MO9

32 bit: http://rdir.magix.net/?page=S1SP144OJGSE

Best regards,
Mathias

John81 wrote on 5/25/2018, 7:35 AM

I can confirm that uninstalling and re-installing the latest version fixes the missing Vegas plugins. Thanks!

william-buck wrote on 5/25/2018, 3:27 PM

Yes, the suggested fix to uninstall and then re-install the latest AP8 version is confirmed here as well. Thanks for providing an easy solution (only took a few minutes) to this issue Mathias!

Newman-cz wrote on 5/25/2018, 6:28 PM

Hi Mathias,

I found an error opening the project.
If a project opens after a blank project, it's ok.
If the project is opened after a full project, the program is killed.

william-buck wrote on 5/26/2018, 6:19 AM

Hi Mathias,

Is this simply opening an existing project after opening a previous project? I can't seem to replicate your issue.You will need to provide a lot more details to Magix if they are to fix. Provide your system details (OS, computer specs, etc) and a detailed step by step repro. I am using Win 10 Pro x64 (1703 build 15063.1058) on an i7 (4770k)/16GB DAW and I can open one previous project after another without issue.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApH0AmpE3sG2gQrSBNxNMQS38inr

sunny-g wrote on 5/30/2018, 5:44 AM

Hi Mathias,

This is correct i am experiencing same issue. If I load project after a blank project i have no issues. If i already have a project loaded and i try and load another Acid crashes every time.

Aswell can somebody plz try and replicate the issue with the chopper. If you put a song in beatmapped mode, pitch it up or down, the audio in the chopper plays out of sync with the waveforms.

Here is spec:

6th Generation Intel® Core? i7-6700 Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)

Windows 10 Home (64Bit)

128GB LC Solid State Drive + 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive

16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBX2)

Using 64bit ACID

Newman-cz wrote on 5/30/2018, 10:01 AM

Hi Mathias,

This is correct i am experiencing same issue. If I load project after a blank project i have no issues. If i already have a project loaded and i try and load another Acid crashes every time.

Aswell can somebody plz try and replicate the issue with the chopper. If you put a song in beatmapped mode, pitch it up or down, the audio in the chopper plays out of sync with the waveforms.

Here is spec:

Windows 10 Home (64Bit)

Using 64bit ACID

update:

when you open the project, the program reports the missing plugins,
when another project is opened, the program is killing.
If an empty project opens, the program works.

It does not matter on the computer or the system. (win7 and win10, desktop and notebook)
The fault is somewhere around module for plugins

Petros90 wrote on 6/10/2018, 3:20 PM

Hi Mathias,

Here is spec:

Windows 10 Home (64Bit)

Using 64bit ACID

Opening Project with a project open - this happens for me as well on a wWin10 clean install, I'm going to try reinstalling from the DVD

32-bit 2GB RAM / Core2Duo / Audiophile 2496

SandyRaw wrote on 6/12/2018, 7:18 AM

Hi everybody,

We have replicated the issue on our systems and can confirm this. We are really sorry about this inconvenience!

Please, everybody who has this issue, deinstall and reinstall ACID Pro. This should fix it.

Best regards,
Mathias

Matthias
ACID 8 32/64 He has a big problem with VST
( with all the updates it's the same )

can have them installed unlimitedly vst (50 60 70), but arrived at + of 32VST
if you SAVE the ACD ZIP, you can not reopen it ................
Acid 8 crash ...... without any msg

so a first option
nice, would be when we open an ACD.zip
it is to have the possibility of loading the VST yes or no
and the best would be to load the VST 1 by 1

Because when you open an ACD.ZIP with too much VST
and that ACID8 crash has 0 possibility the ACD.ZIP is unitilizable

(on the last update you have to upgrade the ACID explorer, now it's a real 64bits explorer, very fast)
Thx you ;)

DJZak wrote on 6/12/2018, 4:55 PM

I am having the same problem meaning : if a project is opened and i want to open a new project then Acid Pro crashes....if it is an empty project then it loaded ok.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling doesnt change a thing. does this problem have a solution other then uninstall/reinstall the current version 8.0.3 (Build 223) ?

Robb-Bennett wrote on 11/6/2018, 11:32 AM

Hi everybody,

Best regards,
Mathias

I just updated this morning. 8.0.7 (Build 233) 64-bit. I was having the same problem when opening some saved projects, Acid would just close out. I don't seem to have that problem now, BUT, when i RENDER AS and go to change CUSTOM SETTINGS, Acid close again with only the CUSTOM SETTINGS window open. I haven't tried the fix above, but i assumed since i just updated, i should have the correct installation. I'm i correct? Thanks in advance.