acid pro 8

paul-stephens wrote on 5/8/2018, 2:55 PM

Hi, I have a question about acid pro 8, I have searched the online community but there were no answers for me.  I am making music in acid pro 8 and when I am working on a project, I am able to start playback at any point I choose  in the project after i have clicked play, so that i get continual playback from anywhere i choose.   I noticed  that after chopping some samples in the chopper, and doing some other work on my project,  I wasn't able to do this, the cursor just went on and I would have to click stop.  How can I keep this function working.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 5/15/2018, 1:15 PM

Hi @paul-stephens. You can change the current playback position by clicking on the edit window where there are no layers, e.g. at the bottom, underneath layers. If you click on a layer, whether it is empty or not it will not change the playback position.

is it possible you were doing this initially, but as you added more tracks you were simply clicking on layers?

paul-stephens wrote on 5/15/2018, 3:12 PM

Well thank you, that was all too simple. I just got this program and am still learning it, if I have any more questions I'll let you know.