Acid Pro 7 Save beatmapped information to .flac file greyed out?

hersnab wrote on 3/29/2018, 5:21 AM

Hi,

I recently purchased Acid Pro 7 and have a little previous experience using the software. Previously I have used .mp3 files but all my music purchases recently have been in .flac.

When loading a song into the beatmapper wizard at the end of the process the option to 'save beatmapper information to file' is greyed out and unavailable. When using .mp3 files this option is available and when dragging in older .mp3 files with beatmapper information saved form a previous version they retain the beatmapped information.

Acid does save an .sfk file alongside the .flac files but runs the beatmapper wizard every time I want to pull a song in when the file is of .flac format. .mp3 files behave exactly as you would expect, that is once the file has been beatmapped they retain that information across projects.

Is there a way to resolve this to make .flac files save beatmapper information so I dont have to beatmap them everytime I want to use one?

If not is there a workaround?

Acid Pro 7 on Windows 10

Many thanks for any advice.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 3/29/2018, 6:49 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, I need to say I am not a user of Acid Pro, any version, so my thoughts on this may well be completely wrong! However, I strongly suspect  the reason why your .flac files do not retain the beatmapping data is because the metadata of a .flac file is not nearly so comprehensive and extensive as that which can be added to an .mp3 file. IOW, .flac file metadata has no facility to store the needed beatmapping info.

However, random thought, you mention the presence of "an .sfk file alongside the .flac files".  If you click to "open" one of these files, does it also open the corresponding .flac file with the beatmapping "in place"?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

hersnab wrote on 3/29/2018, 7:38 AM

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to reply and for the welcome. My understanding is that the beatmapper information is stored within a .sfk file with the exact same filename as the audio only with .sfk as the extension. Whenever I have used Acid in the past with .mp3 files after using the program a .sfk file was saved alongside the .mp3 file.

I tried dragging a .flac file into Acid earlier today that I had previously beatmapped and used in another project and the beatmapper jumped up like it does for new files. I also tried manually dragged the .sfk file onto the .flac audio track within Acid but the program stated it couldn't open the file.

I will try opening the .sfk file directly later when I am front of my machine.

One thing to note, however, is the .sfk files do not appear in the media explorer within Acid. I'll try opening it direct, though, thank you.

I'm going to try encoding to other formats and trying a few out. I could feasibly use an .mp3 with working beatmapper information to arrange a project then use the swap file option before exporting the finished audio. I just can't help but feel this should be unnecessary and there could be another way or fix that I'm missing to make the option to 'save beatmapper information with file' option available for .flac files at the end of the beatmapper wizard process.

Any ideas?

Thanks

##########EDIT##########

I tried converting a .flac audio file to .wav using foobar2000 and Acid saved the beatmapper information with the file and when dragging the .wav file into a different project the beatmapped tempo was retained. I'll convert the .flacs I wish to use for a project before adding them. Storage isn't an issue really and it doesn't take long.