Acid Pro 7 Media Manager not working

QuantumSignals wrote on 8/16/2017, 8:47 AM

Running Acid Pro 7 on a Windows 10 laptop. One day Media Manager just quit working. Now, when I try to view it, the program says it is not installed. I have tried to set the properties and restart Acid as required, but nothing helps. I have looked in vain for an installation program, but cannot find one. I have tried to re-run the Acid install program to see if it provides a way to select and install only the Media manager, but the install program just says that Acid is already installed. I see nothing on the Magix site that provides ANY info on media Manager. I have submitted a request for support at Magix, but have not received a reply other than the acknowledgement that they have received the request. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. I might also add that I have uninstalled and re-installed Acid to no avail

Comments

mjn wrote on 8/16/2017, 10:53 AM

Under Options | Preferences | General is a setting for "Enable Media Manager". Maybe an issue here?

QuantumSignals wrote on 8/16/2017, 11:08 AM

Thanks, but first thing I tried! 😀

Nick_Hope wrote on 8/16/2017, 9:44 PM

The Windows 10 Anniversary Edition update (version 1607) broke Media Manager. I have discussed solutions with Magix but it does not look like there will be any.

QuantumSignals wrote on 8/17/2017, 1:48 AM

Thanks, Nick. At least I know I can quit trying to fix it! 😏

kinvermark wrote on 8/18/2017, 3:03 PM

Broken for Vegas, ACID Pro or both? I am on Windows 10 Pro version 1703. MM still works in ACID Pro 7 for me.

Nick_Hope wrote on 8/18/2017, 3:36 PM

Broken for Vegas, ACID Pro or both? I am on Windows 10 Pro version 1703. MM still works in ACID Pro 7 for me.

I think it may depend on the size of your database. I seem to recall that a smaller library worked OK. That said, I suppose it's possible that the problems with Syncfusion caused by Windows 10 version 1607 may have been resolved in later versions. Would be wonderful if that is true. Also I am making an assumption that the problem exists with Acid as well as Vegas. I have never tested that.

kinvermark wrote on 8/18/2017, 5:55 PM

My database is around 50,000 items, but almost all are sound loops (only handful of small video files.) I don't want to dig around and experiment too much as I am afraid I will break it.

gokublack318 wrote on 8/28/2017, 7:14 AM

Hello everyone, I need help because, where can I download Media Manager again? In sonycreative site is it not available..

Does anyone know where I can download it? Magix said to me on the hotline that they havent it for download...

I reinstalled my Windows and wanted to download the media manager again for Sony Acid Pro 7 but cant find it on the internet.. thanks for help..

Donde wrote on 8/29/2017, 9:15 AM

The Media Manager uses a MS Access database module that, for whatever reason, gets undated independantly by MS Windows Update.   I believe one of the updates closed a security issue that affected Acid.   It stopped working for me, couple years ago, even though enabled in Acid and installed.  The "fix" I discovered by accident was to start Acid Pro 7 using Administrator rights. 

Still using this strategy today.   Sound Forge Pro 11 I also start that way.

- Don

frank18 wrote on 10/27/2017, 6:53 AM

I cannot recommend the Media Manager, it slows down the System and the workflow. Better use the file explorer in Acid.Here you can prelisten, too. I don´t think Magix will go on developing the Media Manager. It only makes sense if you have got lots of original Sony Samples, which are now integrated into catooh network.

Daniel-Reid wrote on 8/29/2018, 4:01 PM

I had found that Media manager was not installed and was originally a bolt on to the Sony Acid Pro series. I found "mediamanager24b" download and it was easy and painless to get. From a site called "Wayback Machine" here is the download link

https://web.archive.org/web/20150524140844/http://dspcdn.sonycreativesoftware.com/current/extras/mediamanager24b.exe

It opens up the download portal window.

I highly advise Antivirus web shield, mine reported nothing and also scanned it for viruses none found.

The Media manager allows tags and categories to group samples and I have yet to play with it and link my sample folders to my samples and tag the folders where my sounds can be grouped from and there fore makes it BETTER to browse sounds in One Shot mode rather than the annoying loopmode playback while Auditioning an audio file in "Explorer" pane.

I wonder if some people have got Explorer mixed up with Media Manager hmmm. I did years ago when I was over tired and did stupid stuff like uninstall it and restart it until I ticked in View "Explorer" to find the file structure tree in all it's glory :) Happy days. Sony mediamanager24b works for me!