ACID PRO 7.0 - I'VE ADDED PLUG IN FOLDERS THAT ARE STOPPING ACID WORKN

JSPECBEATZ wrote on 10/27/2017, 10:19 PM

I HAVE ACID PRO 7.0 VERSION 7.0e BUILD 713

IM RUNNING WINDOWS 7 (32 BIT)

I TRIED ADDING PLUG INS TO ACID PRO AND THOUGHT I'D CUT CORNERS. INSTEAD OF GOING DIRECTLY TO THE FOLDER HOLDING THE SPECIFIC PLUG INS I WANTED TO ADD, I CHOSE THE FOLDER THAT HOLDS MULTIPLE FOLDERS WITH STACKS OF SUB FOLDERS, KNOW ACID WON'T WORK :( HOW CAN I STOP THE INITIAL LOADING OF THESE FILES THAT STOP ACID FROM OPENING???? IF I CAN GET ACID TO OPEN, I CAN REMOVE THEM MANUALLY MYSELF????

PLEASE HELP, ACID IS MY LIFE HOBBY ATM

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/28/2017, 3:32 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, please don't post all in CAPITALS, it's considered as shouting and shouting is not likely to attract useful responses!

However, as to your problem. I have to say immediately that I don't have and have never used Acid so my advice may be worse than useless, but have you tried simply moving that folder (with all its subfolders) to somewhere other than where it now is (the desktop is quite suitable if you don't have any other drive) and then trying to start Acid again? Since the problem folder is no longer where Acid expects it to be it should start properly, I think. Once you are up and running again, you should then try to gradually restore your plugins to the appropriate folder(s).

One additional thought: some programs include the facility to open them with the Shift or Control keys held down; this often enables them to start in, effectively, "Factory Default" mode. I have no idea whether this works for Acid but might be worth a try?

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam