Acid Pro 365 and WAV files

Ore-Alva wrote on 9/25/2022, 7:31 AM

Hi. I am considering purchasing Acid 365 Pro. One of the main reasons is, I use to use Acid 4.0 ages ago. I was able to turn CD's into WAV files and edit from them. I am a label and am looking to use Acid 365 Pro for the same purpose, to create WAV files from our master CD and create new edits etc. Then save them again as WAV. Is it as easy to use as Acid 4.0 was? Also, what about mastering and it's presets?

Comments

Former user wrote on 9/25/2022, 9:54 AM

@Ore-Alva for NOW do NOT buy Acid 365 Pro. The program is plagued with bugs and problems of all kinds. Yes, the program is just as easy to use as it was, which makes it a great program to have and work with, it was a great creative tool. If you buy it now you may become frustrated with all the problems and loss of any creative flow you may be on. If I may suggest, keep an eye on this forum to see when the 'bug fix update' is released and how effective it is. Then reconsider investing your money in AP. Hopefully Magix will have an update out SOON too stabilize and fix all the known issue (which are many) at which time many of us can go back to using AP as a creative tool. Kindest Regards

Graham-Hawker wrote on 9/25/2022, 1:45 PM

I think you would be better off with an audio editor program like Sound Forge or even the free Audacity.

Ore-Alva wrote on 9/25/2022, 3:50 PM

Thanks. What about for mastering? I used that app, emastered. My issues is it's too loud or not enough bottom or highs, depending on the track.

SP. wrote on 9/25/2022, 4:14 PM

@Ore-Alva Many users have stability issues using ACID with VST plugins. I would suggest to use it just with audio files to "paint" your songs and to export the tracks and then mix and master them in another DAW. For this case the cheaper ACID Music Studio version would be sufficient.

For example, there are free DAWs available like Cakewalk.

For mastering you could use a VST plugin like Neutron 4 and Ozone 10 which will mix and master your song automatically which will save a lot of time. You can get them by subscribing for $20 per month.

You can create audio files from CDs with free tools like Exact Audio Copy. You can then edit them in any audio editor of your choice, for example Audacity. I don't think you need ACID for this. On the other hand, if you like the workflow of ACID, then you should use it.