ACID Pro 11 released (no more bugfixes for version 10.5?)

SP. wrote on 6/13/2022, 3:41 AM

It looks like that ACID Pro 11 released.

But it would be an expensive paid upgrade for users of the extremely bugged version 10.5.

@MAGIX_Redaktion Are the bugfixes the users ask for in this topic https://www.magix.info/us/forum/feedback-on-acid-bugs--1299428/ are still coming to version 10.5 or are they out of luck and need to pay for an upgrade to get them?

Comments

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 6/13/2022, 11:25 PM

It looks like that ACID Pro 11 released.

But it would be an expensive paid upgrade for users of the extremely bugged version 10.5.

@MAGIX_Redaktion Are the bugfixes the users ask for in this topic https://www.magix.info/us/forum/feedback-on-acid-bugs--1299428/ are still coming to version 10.5 or are they out of luck and need to pay for an upgrade to get them?

From what I have been reading throughout the forums, nothing has changed in AP11. I hope no one buys into this false hope. I haven't written in these forums this much in a long time but I am just pissed at Magix. They should sell the code to someone else honestly.

shkr wrote on 6/14/2022, 2:13 AM

In their own words from the announcement on the forum main page:

"Before the release of ACID Pro 11, there will be a patch update. Further news will be shared soon."

but it seems we now have a rebranded acid10 with new plugins..

maybe mentioned patch is still in the works...
because if it is not than I don't believe they will sell a lot.

weird marketing decision really

SP. wrote on 6/14/2022, 2:27 AM

@shkr It could be, that Magix needed to release the bundled BrainWorx plugins before a certain date or else they would lose the deal. So they just released them with ACID. But since the patched version is probably not ready for months, they just re-released the old version with the same bugs.

Another possibility is, that Magix management want users to pay first and, depending on how much money comes in and how much interest is there, only then decide if they continue with the development of bugfixes.

But that's just speculation on my part.

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 6/14/2022, 2:54 AM

@shkr It could be, that Magix needed to release the bundled BrainWorx plugins before a certain date or else they would lose the deal. So they just released them with ACID. But since the patched version is probably not ready for months, they just re-released the old version with the same bugs.

Another possibility is, that Magix management want users to pay first and, depending on how much money comes in and how much interest is there, only then decide if they continue with the development of bugfixes.

whoaaa! what a plan. 😂😂

shkr wrote on 6/14/2022, 2:55 AM

this has come to my mind as well. but they could have announced what they're doing in the bugfix thread ensuring that the work is in progress

yea possible, question whether brainworx stuff is a good selling point, maybe going back to serum offer would be more appealing to some audiences. don't know

same here, but unfortunatelly right now we have quite a disappointment :o

LooneyBinJim wrote on 6/14/2022, 4:09 PM

this has come to my mind as well. but they could have announced what they're doing in the bugfix thread ensuring that the work is in progress

yea possible, question whether brainworx stuff is a good selling point, maybe going back to serum offer would be more appealing to some audiences. don't know

same here, but unfortunatelly right now we have quite a disappointment :o

I use Maschine and Native instruments did a deal where it was possible to receive the Brainworks stuff free.That would mean i have to purchase the new unfixed not working of ACID and the brainworks stuff is something that i own.

SP. wrote on 6/14/2022, 4:14 PM

@LooneyBinJim Your are lucky, that nobody forces you to purchase it. 😉

SP. wrote on 6/14/2022, 7:09 PM

Here, I quote the old announcement from @MAGIX_Redaktion :

Write to our support or comment in this thread here, and tell us what you would like to be prioritized. Every feedback counts.

Before the release of ACID Pro 11, there will be a patch update. Further news will be shared soon.

https://www.magix.info/de/forum/update-on-acid-pro--1299427/

There is no official reaction from them about the missing update patch. But they posted a thread about the new ACID release https://www.magix.info/de/forum/acid-pro-11-your-creativity-acidized--1301291/