Acid Pro 11 keeps stopping and says it's Acid Pro 10.

GordonTsunami wrote on 9/14/2022, 6:32 PM

My Acid Pro 11 only works if I open it as an admin. If I open it any other way it loads up, then, stops and says Acid Pro 10 has stopped. I do not have Acid Pro 10, I have Acid Pro 11. I sent this issue to technical support (honestly, I have no idea how I did it before because it's impossible to find) and they told me to delete something from the registry. I did that, it worked a couple of times, then, did the same thing again. They sent me another solution but that did nothing. They sent me an analysis to run so that they could get a readout of the issue. I ran it, sent them the results, and still have the same issue. I have worked with Acid Pro for over a decade now and have never had an issue like this. It's enough to make me want to quit using it and get a refund. I'm currently running Windows 11 Home.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/14/2022, 6:45 PM

@GordonTsunami And what should we do now? You are already in contact with support, so you should ask them to continue to help you.

GordonTsunami wrote on 9/14/2022, 7:03 PM

Their solutions haven't worked and it takes days to hear back from them. If you're not trying to help, that's fine, but why bother commenting?

Former user wrote on 9/14/2022, 9:52 PM

@GordonTsunami, Get your Money back and wait for Magix to FIX AP. by the way, AP10 is the SAME as AP11 NO fixes to the problems that plague this program. Hopeful a fix is on the way....till then get your money BACK.

SP. wrote on 9/15/2022, 3:44 AM

@GordonTsunami You didn't even gave us any information about your hardware, your drivers, etc. If you need to run ACID as admin you likely have privilege problems with your Windows user account settings or your firewall/antivirus. This can also cause issues with reading files and saving files which can cause crashes. This would not be an problem caused by ACID.

GordonTsunami wrote on 9/15/2022, 6:17 AM

I don't have to open it as administrator to run it. I have to open it as administrator for it to run without telling me it has an issue with a version of Acid Pro I've never had on my computer. When I hover my mouse over the file I was sent by the official Magix site, it says Acid Pro Suite 10. When I run it, the loading visual is for Acid Pro Suite 11. The screen that appears when it crashes states Acid Pro 10 as the issue, not 11. I don't see how this could be an issue originating in my end.

SP. wrote on 9/15/2022, 6:52 AM

@GordonTsunami They didn't change the string from 10 to 11. It is just text, but not the cause of the crash.

Clay256 wrote on 9/16/2022, 5:20 PM

My Acid Pro 11 only works if I open it as an admin. If I open it any other way it loads up, then, stops and says Acid Pro 10 has stopped. I do not have Acid Pro 10, I have Acid Pro 11. I sent this issue to technical support (honestly, I have no idea how I did it before because it's impossible to find) and they told me to delete something from the registry. I did that, it worked a couple of times, then, did the same thing again. They sent me another solution but that did nothing. They sent me an analysis to run so that they could get a readout of the issue. I ran it, sent them the results, and still have the same issue. I have worked with Acid Pro for over a decade now and have never had an issue like this. It's enough to make me want to quit using it and get a refund. I'm currently running Windows 11 Home.

If you can get a refund you really should. You are just starting to have problems, it's all downhill from here. Magix does not care if any of their products actually work.

Clay256 wrote on 9/16/2022, 5:28 PM

@GordonTsunami, Get your Money back and wait for Magix to FIX AP. by the way, AP10 is the SAME as AP11 NO fixes to the problems that plague this program. Hopeful a fix is on the way....till then get your money BACK.

After all the fuss they made about 11 just to rerelease the same broken product with a new name should tell us all there is to know. Acid is finished. Hope OP got his money back.

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 9/17/2022, 4:02 AM

@GordonTsunami And what should we do now? You are already in contact with support, so you should ask them to continue to help you.

He is not directly asking you in particular for help. No need to down-talk a fellow frustrated user. Magix did us all dirty. The best advice here is like Clay256 said, ask for a refund. Acid Pro is dead product.

GordonTsunami wrote on 9/17/2022, 7:23 AM

Thank you all for your help.

Former user wrote on 10/11/2022, 2:59 PM

If you can get a refund you really should. You are just starting to have problems, it's all downhill from here. Magix does not care if any of their products actually work.

Samplitude Pro X4 actually works, apart from some GUI sluggishness that was... actually fixed in latter versions of the DAW. X7 certainly does. Then again, when the DAW is sharing a code base with cash cow Sequoia, you expect it to be fixed.

MAGIX products do work. I think a lot of the issues with these ex-Sony Creative products are exclusive to them.

ACID Pro is an ancient code base that was abandonware for a decade. Not sure why people expected it to work out any differently than it did. It's not like MAGIX were going to rewrite ACID Pro.

MAGIX has always had other products that users could switch to make music. Clinging onto ACID is, at this point, not a MAGIX issue. It's a user issue. It's been "revived" long enough that the users need to start taking responsibility for that purchase decision.

Again, MAGIX owns and develops viable alternatives, so this isn't even about telling people to run to Steinberg, Ableton, or any other vendor's product.

Former user wrote on 10/11/2022, 8:37 PM

@Former user nice to see the voice of reason is back!!!

BUT, if you're going to sell a product it has to work. AP has been a disaster since Magix converted it to 64bit. I don't think anyone thinks it should be the best thing since "fill in the blank" but this has gone to far. It is NOT a functioning stable DAW. ..but it's cute. Cheers

GordonTsunami wrote on 10/11/2022, 8:41 PM

@Former user thank you. You made a very compelling argument for Magix as a whole. I've already gotten a refund and a downgrade to Acid Pro 10 which works most of the time. I'll try out some of the options you've listed.

SP. wrote on 10/11/2022, 10:56 PM

@Former user @GordonTsunami As a workaround you can get ACID to run very stable by loading plugins with the help of the free Waves Studio Rack plugin since Studio Rack then handles all your plugins, not ACID with its buggy codebase. There are also other (paid) plugin chainers like DDMF Metaplugin, Plogue Bidule, New Sonic Arts Freestyle, Bluecat Patchwork.