Acid Pro 10 update & VST’s

Grambler wrote on 9/21/2020, 5:25 AM

My Acid Pro 10 prompted me to update it recently, which I did. No problems during the process, but when starting up the program again I get a prompt telling me that the VST scanner can’t start. I can click them (one for 32b and one for 64b) away and the software runs as normal, but none of my VST’s are available. Haven’t seen this adressed here yet, so I’m wondering if it’s just me?

Comments

H.J wrote on 9/25/2020, 7:05 PM

same issue. all my vst's are unavailable, and the ones that I used in my projects cant load. WTF!!!!!. all my songs are destroyed. all the tweeks/ effects are gone

Grambler wrote on 9/27/2020, 3:38 PM

I might have stumbled upon a temporary "fix". When opening Acid, the error message saying the vst scanner blabla couldn't run or whatever. If you go to the folder it says the erroring software is, guessing it will be the install folder (C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 10.0). Scroll down and you'll see the various .exe files, named audio_plugin_scan_server.... Right click each one, open "settings" (might be another term for it, can't remember as I use a different language, but the bottom one), choose "compatibility" (or whatever it is) and tick the box that says "run as admin" on each one. Now try running Acid again. It fixed at least some of the problem for me, have not had the time to fully check yet. Please leave a reply if you decide to try and let us know what happened.

Jerry-Donahue wrote on 9/27/2020, 5:41 PM

I have exactly the same issue. Constant repeats of the "Could not start scan server VST3-SCANNER-64bit, and others. Over and over again. All VST's Waves, Native Instruments, and others are gone. I will uninstalling and reinstalling yet again, and not updating. The mentioned work around above, with run as admin didn't work for me.

Grambler wrote on 9/28/2020, 4:33 PM

That is unfortunate. As of now, it seems like it’s functioning as it’s supposed to for me. But can I ask you Jerry if you also run the main program as admin? I forgot to mention that I have set the main acidpro.exe file to «always run as admin» as well, perhaps that has something to do with it?

Matt-Francis wrote on 10/3/2020, 3:08 AM

I have the same problem. Get lots of errors on start up with a pop up saying scanning didn't work and retry or abort. Often VSTs don't load and I have to close the program and start again. It happened before the update but now seems worse. I thought these things are beta tested and ironed out before release.

OMEB wrote on 10/3/2020, 5:35 AM

My Waves plugins are showing up but my Toontrack VSTs are not loading anymore. I've even moved the dll files to a folder that I know ACID is scanning, but they will not load. The also will not load when trying to drop the dll directly on the plugin manager screen.

side1 wrote on 12/15/2020, 4:51 PM

I have the same issue with Acid Pro 10 (v10.0.4 Build 29) which renders whole app useless as it won't allow me to see VST2 and VST3 instruments. This is a critical issue.

Acid team, what will you do regarding this???

Former user wrote on 12/15/2020, 4:56 PM

Same here guys, I need Acid fixed! I have had my fingers crossed and high hopes that Magix doesn't just throw this DAW to the side. I have been dragging along since version 8 came out, then to 9 and now to 10. Daily crashes and freezes. I have used a lot of other DAWs and they just don't have the layout AP has. Not going to list issues here anymore but just a request to Magix to just get it fixed! Why was version 9 released if previous one wasn't stablized? I am still thankful that Magix took over the project but it ain't working like it should! Magix!

LooneyBinJim wrote on 12/30/2020, 6:47 PM

I Gave up with 10.4.29 just didnt work .Now im on 10.3.24 and always asked to update .However if your not connected to net the update will not ask to update now or later.Unload the wifi drivers ignore the device in windows device manager this will save on system resources and speed up machine when using acid.

Former user wrote on 12/31/2020, 4:03 PM

I Gave up with 10.4.29 just didnt work .

Hey looney, I finally got an email back from Magix and they admitted that there is no development being done on Acid as of now but maybe by next month. This is due to holidays and Corona'S virus!

Kip-Johnson wrote on 1/23/2021, 1:14 AM

Make sure you guys can totally recreate the bugs you find and document them. Then report these bugs back to MAGIX support. I found a major Melodyne ARA bug that I keep hounding them to fix it. Once they finally understood how to recreate it they fixed it.

BorodaBeat wrote on 2/24/2021, 11:44 PM

I have exactly the same problem. only restarting my PC helps. (admin rights didn't help). Magix please update your DAW :)

Ravecandy wrote on 4/26/2021, 9:09 PM

Has anyone gotten a new response yet?

This is asinine. A DAW isn't worth anything without plugin support. I'm using paid for software, WAVES, Native Instruments, I'd expect some basic support. I went with Acid Pro because I've used it since it was created by Sonic Foundry. I feel robbed considering I paid for something that failed to uphold a promise.

Any other DAW recommendations for something with a similar feel and speed? I'm not a fan of pro tools or Ableton.

Former user wrote on 4/28/2021, 9:56 AM

Any other DAW recommendations for something with a similar feel and speed? I'm not a fan of pro tools or Ableton.

Ravecandy, unfortuantely No, there is no other software that is remotely similar to Acid. Regardless what anyone says and if they do, they have no idea what Acid workflow really is. I have checked out everything from higher end (expensive) DAWs all the way to free ones, nothing comes close to Acid. Having said that, we are at the mercy of Magix and cannot do anything but wait in hopes that the developers will return with some good news.

Ravecandy wrote on 12/28/2021, 11:43 AM

We're going into 2022 and STILL NO FIX. How are they still getting away with selling this?
I'm going to start talking to some folks in major retailers like Sweetwater. I know they don't want to get caught up selling products that don't work.