Acid Pro 10 Suite - VST FX losing settings

DanB wrote on 4/26/2021, 7:33 PM

Hi, long time Acid Pro/Music user here and I've recently upgraded to Acid Pro 10 Suite (version 10.0.5 build 35 64 bit). Like a lot of people it seems, I've found it to be very buggy, and while most of the bugs seem to be common amongst other users, there's one problem I'm having that I can't find mentioned anywhere. Basically, whenever I add a VST FX to an FX chain, the settings of some other FX in that chain reset to default. Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to fix it? I'm on Windows 10.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Dan

Comments

Former user wrote on 4/28/2021, 9:53 AM

Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to fix it? I'm on Windows 10.

Dan

Hello Dan, yes, I have this issue. All the FX get reset if I go back and touch any parameter. The GUI seems to be having some issues, too but I will just continue waiting for further development. No one seems to have any solution around here so I rarely comment here.

DanB wrote on 4/28/2021, 6:05 PM

Has anyone else experienced this and/or know how to fix it? I'm on Windows 10.

Dan

Hello Dan, yes, I have this issue. All the FX get reset if I go back and touch any parameter. The GUI seems to be having some issues, too but I will just continue waiting for further development. No one seems to have any solution around here so I rarely comment here.

Got to admit, my faith in Acid and Magix is rapidly declining already, but I guess I'll hang on too and see if anything happens.

Arthur-Pena wrote on 4/28/2021, 7:23 PM

@DanB I honestly think and feel it might be due to a lack of english customer support as they seem to be located in Germany.

Arthur-Pena wrote on 4/28/2021, 7:26 PM

@DanB Unfortunately for you as a new user, you'll have to wait until a solution is found. The previous update seemed to be working fine, which resonates with me that the team is capable of solving problems, but they are probably dealing with a very big one right now. Since they don't seem to have a public update service anywhere available on social media or across the web it seems that they are hopefully working on the next update. I've been using the software for 10 years and still feel it is revolutionary and incomparable, but as a new user I would recommend waiting for the next patch until making a full assumption about the product. If the case arises that it still does not work, I would not blame you for moving forward. Hopefully it is not abandoned at this point.

Kip-Johnson wrote on 4/28/2021, 11:19 PM

About the VST's forgetting it's settings bug.. this is a side effect of another bug that they were trying to fix. The BIG bug they were going after is the bug where if you load the Native Instrument Komplete Kontrol VST plugin then load a Synth and set some setting then save the project then exit out of ACID then come back in and open Native Instrument Komplete Kontrol VST plugin the synth you load earlier would be missing. They were suppose to have fixed this bug in 10.0.5 but they not only did not fix this bug but added this new bug of VST's losing their setting when another one gets loaded.

MarcoStorm wrote on 4/29/2021, 12:33 AM

There is at least a workaround for that problem. If you add effects via drag & drop from the plugin manager to the track head or an object it doesn't reset the state of the other plugins in the chain.

DanB wrote on 4/29/2021, 4:52 AM

There is at least a workaround for that problem. If you add effects via drag & drop from the plugin manager to the track head or an object it doesn't reset the state of the other plugins in the chain.

Yes!!! That works, thank you! :-) I tried so many ways to find a workaround, but didn't realise this was something you could do. But that's one of the things I've always loved about Acid; it's that kind of flexibility that makes it so easy to use.

Thanks to everyone else for your informative replies. I don't mean to sound so pessimistic. Acid's been my go-to DAW for the best part of 20 years and on paper v10 looks fantastic, so I think it's just my frustration at all these bugs spoiling it. I really hope these things can be ironed out.

Fredrik-Lundstedt wrote on 5/6/2021, 5:30 AM

That is perfect! Works fine for me:) Thanks for the tip!

Donald-Fleming wrote on 12/4/2021, 4:48 AM

They keep deleting my settings and I need my software fixed. It was fine like a year or so ago. @magix when can we get a patch or get the problem fixed.

emmrecs wrote on 12/4/2021, 5:00 AM

@Donald-Fleming

These are user to user forums, so no-one from Magix will see your post, sorry!

Assuming you have the same problem as the OP, did you read the workaround suggested by @MarcoStorm three posts above yours?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

yuza-i wrote on 12/10/2021, 12:11 AM

Holy ****. This actually works! Much appreciated.Someone at the forum should make this a sticky, because Magix isn't providing this solution and this is one of the biggest bugs right now.