Acid Pro 10 Studio - Message at start-up

JEZWeaver wrote on 4/5/2020, 9:31 AM

The temporary directory is getting low on space. Please try to free up room on drive C:\.

I use a PC Windows 10, HP with a Samsung 4TB V-NAND SSD 860 QVO SATA 6 Gb/s, with 2.14TB used.

I moved the MAGIX folder from my C drive to my Seagate drive 4.54TB.

I did a disk clean-up.

I continue to get this start-up message before Acid Pro Studio opens up.

The temporary directory is getting low on space. Please try to free up room on drive C:\.

If anyone can help, please feel free to reach out to me. I will reach out to MAGIX SUPPORT.

Comments

Former user wrote on 4/7/2020, 4:50 PM

I use a PC Windows 10, HP with a Samsung 4TB V-NAND SSD 860 QVO SATA 6 Gb/s, with 2.14TB used.

I moved the MAGIX folder from my C drive to my Seagate drive 4.54TB.

I did a disk clean-up.

I continue to get this start-up message before Acid Pro Studio opens up.

If anyone can help, please feel free to reach out to me. I will reach out to MAGIX SUPPORT.

I would try to un-install the entire program using Revo Uninstaller (You can download a free version), do an advanced clean up. Save your needed files somewhere first. Clear out the all Magix related stuff from your PC and do a clean install. Then go into Preferences, set all folders to one dedicated folder so you know exactly where Acid is saving its files. Thats what I would do.

JEZWeaver wrote on 4/7/2020, 8:08 PM

I had to reset my computer to factory settings. Not because of Acid Pro, but because other programs were causing my problems. I installed Acid on a reset drive, and I get that same message again.

sheppo wrote on 4/8/2020, 11:30 AM

@JEZWeaver - run disk cleanup, running it as administrator. Windows 10 , Right click, run as administrator. Earlier versions hold shift, right click, run as administrator.

This will take longer, but will give options to remove older versions of windows (e.g. if you've recently done a feature upgrade), as well as cleaning out the infamously bloaty WinSxS folder. When it gives you the option of what to clean up I would say all options are safe to select to remove. On the more options tab the System Restore and Shadow Copies is also a potential. That's for you to decide whether it's okay.. think about what you have installed lately and whether you want to revert.

if you're on Windows 10 you can also refer to "Storage" in settings. Hit start, type Storage, then click on it. This will give you a run down of what is using your drive. It's common to have a lot of files in OneDrive, for example. They don't all need to be on your hard drive. :)

If you have multiple hard drives the other option is to move things that will commonly be on your C: drive to other drives, such as page file, hibernation file, and of course... temporary storage. Let me know if you need help with that (respond with a @sheppo) and I can write out, or link to some instructions.

JEZWeaver wrote on 4/8/2020, 4:38 PM

@Sheppo - Thanks for your help. My storage documents have 112 GB, I deleted many folders some averaging gigabits and megabits. I continue to get that warning message. After deletion, I still have 112 GB.

Former user wrote on 4/9/2020, 12:04 AM

JEZ, I get that message as well on one of my computer, The storage drive is 5TB. I just ignore the message now and click out of it. The message doesn't effect the operation of AP9 at all. It's just annoying. Cheers

Former user wrote on 4/9/2020, 12:34 AM

Here is another thought, check your audio device, see if its seeing the correct interface. I just turned off mine and used windows audio mapper thing, whole hell broke lose. AP became sluggish and crashed.

emmrecs wrote on 4/20/2020, 1:27 PM

@JEZWeaver

Your latest post has nothing to do with the original question in this thread, which is about Acid Pro. Hence, it has been hidden.

Please create a new thread with that question about Music Maker

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

JSUM wrote on 3/20/2021, 8:06 AM

I'm getting this on a new install of Acid 11 which i just upgraded from 9 - i never got the message in 9 - i have 2.71TB of free space on C drive?

JEZWeaver wrote on 3/20/2021, 9:38 AM

JSUM, you have ACID 11?

i1abnrk wrote on 4/29/2022, 8:42 AM

I have 8 TB hard drive and I always get this message on startup. I think it's an issue with OneDrive since I had a C: drive crash and had to replace the SSD. I never saw this error on the old drive. Acid seems to work fine despite the warning.

Yelandkeil wrote on 4/30/2022, 6:26 AM

Have you people ever surfed into this program? Or you don't know computer!

ASUS TUF Gaming B550plus BIOS3202
*Thermaltake TOUGHPOWER GF1 850W 
*ADATA XPG GAMMIX S11PRO 512GB->sys & 2TB->data 
*G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-64GFX 
*AMD Ryzen9 5950x + LiquidFreezer II-240 
*XFX Speedster-MERC319-RX6900XT <-AdrenalinEdition 24.9.1
Windows11Pro: 23H2-22631.4249; Direct3D Driver=9.17.11.0272

Samsung 2xLU28R55 300CD/m²HDR10 (peak1499nits) ->2xDPort
LG DSP7 Surround 5.1Soundbar ->TOSLINK (AAFOptimusPack 6.0.9403.1)
ROCCAT Kave 5.1Headset/Mic ->Analog

GH5s_HLG4k30p: AWB, Shutter=1/50, ISO=auto
ProtuneFlat_2.7k60pLinear: AWB, Shutter=auto, ISO=400

VEGASPro22/21 + XMediaRecode/Handbrake + DVDArchi7 
AcidPro10 + SoundForgePro14.0.065 + SpectraLayersPro7

K-LitecodecPack17.8.0 (MPC Video Renderer for HDR10-Videoplayback) 

Joseph-Davis5395 wrote on 8/24/2023, 11:56 AM

SOOOOOOOOOOO is there a fix or what??????

Air wrote on 8/25/2023, 8:27 AM

@Joseph-Davis5395 the short answer is no. Years ago, when I used AP, I would get that message, nothing I ever did got rid of it. So I ignored it and went on with my work. Best answer is move on to a proper DAW that has support and updates. Cheers

Joseph-Davis5395 wrote on 8/25/2023, 8:42 AM

that sucks I have been using acid for a long time (version 5 ) and always zip my files Have a lot of projects that I need to open... Dammmm Dammmmmm Dammmm

SP. wrote on 8/25/2023, 5:10 PM

@Joseph-Davis5395 Please answer in your topic, not here.

leon-g wrote on 8/25/2023, 6:52 PM

that sucks I have been using acid for a long time (version 5 ) and always zip my files Have a lot of projects that I need to open... Dammmm Dammmmmm Dammmm

Are you still on Version 5? Which win system?

Joseph-Davis5395 wrote on 8/25/2023, 11:39 PM

AP11 windows 11

leon-g wrote on 8/28/2023, 11:32 AM

AP11 windows 11

Maybe I misunderstood. I thought you ran version 5 on win11. I am testing version 11 on win11 as well and so far its holding on. GUI is still gets jittery when doing surgical editing with extreme zoom in. But so far no crashes but I know its going to happen. So I am being careful not to throw in a large track count. I bounce each file after using 3rd party plugins so AP doesn't poop out.

Geoffrey-C wrote on 11/22/2023, 7:09 AM

POSSIBLE SOLUTION/WORKAROUND

While ACID Pro 11 operates on a 64-bit architecture, there is a possibility that it may not detect HDDs or SSDs larger than 2TB. To address this issue, consider utilizing an external USB drive or an internal drive with a capacity of 1TB or less, just to ensure compatibility. Follow the steps below:

1.    At the top of the menu, click on "Options"
2.    At the dropdown menu, click on "Preferences"
3.    Select the "Folders" tab.
4.    Look for the "Temporary files folder" field and click the "Browse" button.
5.    Select your drive and click "OK"
6.    Click "OK" to close the preferences window.
7.    Restart ACID Pro (9, 10, 11).

Hope this helps!!

Geoffrey C