ACID Next

Lance-Cauble wrote on 5/11/2019, 11:25 AM

Okay so I've been part of Sonic Foundry since the beginning of ACID. Then Sony took over and now of course Magix. The thing that tweaks me is that they have created these different versions of ACID. First they come in and want you to pay them and upgrade to their same software you have always had, but a few improvements. Okay I did and was welcoming them aboard taking over where Sony left off. So I paid the upgrade fee and now ACID 9 has come out and the want again another upgrade cost. You just came out with 8 now you want 9 upgrade cost which is really just solving the issues with 8. Then we have ACID Next which appears to be a great improvement over ACID 7 and you want another 299 upgrade to it. WOW like really! Then you reduce the value of ACID PRO. WOW double slam after already being slammed. I use Reason, Ableton, FL Studio, and a few more and don't have to be a slave to Magix. I'm getting a really nasty taste in my mouth about this company Magix. It really makes me want to say see ya because this is how you are going to treat your customers then its only going to continue and these other companies aren't so money hungry. Magix should have thrown that upgrade to ACID 9 everything that Next has and charged maybe 199 tops more like 149 to 179 for an upgrade so that their current customers will be happy and others will be able to see what is being offered. This is how you get people to use your DAW let the people that currently use your product show others how awesome Magix's DAW. Not trying to hose over your current customers extracting every penny from them.

Comments

anthony-james wrote on 5/11/2019, 7:32 PM

I don't see it like that at all....

So far Magix have delivered an increasingly stable (on my computers anyway) 64 bit version of ACID Pro that is VERY snappy to work with and has added a lot of extra value with the included plugins and synths... The essential FX for example are excellent IMO. My only issue is that the included plugins don't work in my other sequencer (Ableton live) which is disappointing...

All of the promised features have now been included in Acid Pro 8 (GUI, VST3 etc) and the upgrade price for Acid pro 9 is only $99 which I will pay for in the near future as I see that as a worthy upgrade....

Acid pro next doesn't offer any extra value for me and the only feature I would want are the metering tools but I can use any number of VSTs for that task so I won't bother getting it .... but hey extra options are good right?

Magix don't need to do much to make Acid pro my primary DAW... Fix the routing (audio and midi) fix the primitive MIDI editing features, continue the stability and efficiency tweaks and I will be a happy customer.