Acid Music Studio 11 loses audio / audio device when changing VSTi

Sean-Dennis wrote on 7/1/2022, 11:14 PM

My system: Lenovo IdeaPad 5 with Ryzen 7 4000 series, 16GB RAM, Windows 11. Zoom H6 as audio device. After removing a VST instrument on a MIDI track and then adding a different one to the same track, Acid frequently loses audio. I can see MIDI input happening when I press a key, and the VU meter lights, but there is no sound. If I go into the Audio Preferences tab, I can see that nothing has changed. Setting the buffer size to something larger than 512 doesn't make a difference. So I'll revert back to 512. Then, after anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes, out of nowhere, audio will return. I can't figure it out. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

sheppo wrote on 7/5/2022, 2:10 AM

hi @Sean-Dennis

I'm not sure I follow what it is you're doing. If you want to change the VSTi on a midi bus you can't delete the VSTi and add another, but you can delete the midi bus, and add another and re-route it. It's easier to just replace the VSTi on the midi bus though.

1. on a midi bus, double click the Soft Synth icon on the track or in the mixing console
  2. on the Soft Synth window that opens, select Edit Soft Synth in the top right
  3. Select your new VSTi

Does changing the Soft Synth this way still produce the issue?

emmrecs wrote on 1/7/2024, 3:08 AM

@whdwwd

Your post here has been hidden since it is asking a completely different question to the one raised by the original poster.

Please do not hijack another user's post in this way but rather create a new post with your question.

Thank you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

emmrecs wrote on 1/7/2024, 3:56 PM

@whdwwd

Please follow the advice in my previous reply and create a new thread with your question. Please do not repost to this thread or you could be regarded as a spammer and so be banned.

Thank you.

Jeff

Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam