Acid lost its groove

Draumatized-Musiz wrote on 7/30/2022, 2:34 AM

How do I create a service ticket MAGIX is full of it they emailed back & asked me to take snap shots of they failed Acid 10 in which all who bought were manipulated it’s been a month now still stops at vst I had a technician do the windows thing & now when I respond start a new service ticket they need to refund my money it’s said that since Sony Acid went dont hill my Sony version 7 works like a charm but I was foolish and accepted MAGIX invite to update now I see why many went to fruity loops & others anyone here experience this because this company just like to sell us software with huge bugs & they has become Acids worst nightmare

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/30/2022, 4:08 AM

@Draumatized-Musiz

Go to this page if you wish to create a Support ticket. Just make sure you follow through ALL the following pages and, if the option appears (often towards the end of a page) always click on "Ask Support".

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Former user wrote on 7/30/2022, 8:55 AM

@Draumatized-Musiz sadly, asking 'support' for help will do you no good. The program, AP11 through 8, is flawed to the point of making it maddening to use for any serious projects. What you seem to be experiencing are known issues. (and there are many more) The 'upside' is that according to Magix an update to fix these issues is in the works. Rumor had it that July was the month for that update release...looks like we'll have to hope for August. Stay with AP7 till they get this program fixed.

@emmrecs, Thanks for all you do, It must be hard working this forum. Things seem to have gotten more negative as time's gone on. Hopefully when Magix gets this program fixed people will use the forum for more creative ideas and suggestions. All the Best emmrecs !

SP. wrote on 7/30/2022, 9:18 AM

@Draumatized-Musiz Try running ACID under Windows 8 compatibility mode and only have 32 bit OR 64 bit plugins in your Vst path and also make sure you only have Vst2 OR Vst3 plugins in your plugin path. Do not mix the different kinds of plugins. Then test and check whether stability improves.

Draumatized-Musiz wrote on 7/30/2022, 1:49 PM

Yes I have set it to windows 8 & deleted all vsts and only used 32bit & the technician did the same and nothing still same error with no plugins Thank you though my friend but Ever since Magix took over Acid big problems digi or cakewalk should’ve have taken over Magix doesn’t have the ability their a Photoshop company daw’s are out of their league

SP. wrote on 7/30/2022, 2:07 PM

@Draumatized-Musiz No, they make Sequoia which is one of the most advanced DAWs but it is likely that they got ACID for cheap as a bonus in the deal with Sony and thought they can use it to sell ACID loop packs which probably bring in more revenue than ACID itself.

Draumatized-Musiz wrote on 7/30/2022, 4:50 PM

Thanks I’m surprised I never heard of sequoia it’s bascially A Real Acid Pro so I’m heavily interested because I been with Acid since 1999 my mom bought it for $1 before that I use Voyetra it was before pentuim pc only 486 MHz so I looked at sequoia because I’m no fan of fruity loops it’s 2,5000 but we’ll worth it will buy for a Xmas present to myself thanks so much Sp your a blessing

Acid-Pro-A-Dead-Stick wrote on 7/31/2022, 10:51 AM

Thanks I’m surprised I never heard of sequoia it’s bascially A Real Acid Pro so I’m heavily interested because I been with Acid since 1999 my mom bought it for $1 before that I use Voyetra it was before pentuim pc only 486 MHz so I looked at sequoia because I’m no fan of fruity loops it’s 2,5000 but we’ll worth it will buy for a Xmas present to myself thanks so much Sp your a blessing

Sequoua is no where near AP & please don't fall for that so fast. What Acid Pro can do workflow-wise, there is no DAW on the planet can do...not even close. You are free to try Sequoia but I guarantee you, it is no where near AP. So before you get excited and make a statement that its "real" acid pro, please research thoroughly. Just saving you a huge headache. We are all waiting for Magix to fix Acid Pro. I am sure the super users have absolutely no interest in any of other Magix's DAWs. I am still using version 7 of AP as that is still the most stable one for me. Using it on Win 10, 32gig ram.

Draumatized-Musiz wrote on 7/31/2022, 3:03 PM

Yeah I realized after the entire night of looking over sequoia it’s not worth the amount I went back to ACID pro 7 and works like a charm all the plugins but two I really don’t need do not work and plus I noticed Dj pain 1 who famous for using Acid pro still uses 7 and I’ll buy a mpc studio & im hood