ACID GROUPING BROKEN 8.0.8

Donde wrote on 3/10/2019, 4:16 PM

Create a group out of several clips on different tracks.  Verify if you select any other clip in the group, anywhere, you can move it and the entire group.   Good.

Issue 1:  UnGroup doesn't

Now select a clip in the group and ungroup it.  This should undo the group, that is ungroup all clips, but it seems to only ungroup that single clip.   Click on another clip... the group is still setup, and in fact I can't find a way to completely undo the group.  With many items selected in the original Group, it becomes a quagmire of things still grouped.   Group/Ungroup works fine in Vegas and Samplitude.

Issue 2: Grouping Lost

Put 2 identical voice clips on 2 adjacent tracks, one over the other.  Group them.  [I use this technique in Voice Overs to keep edits together on both the upper 48KHz track post processed grouped with a muted 96KHz 24b original.  I use the 96KHz track with effects to create the 48KHz version so the effects don't slow things down during tedious Voice Over editing cutting and Ripple Editing.] 

Select the 1st track clip, both are selected as grouped... correct.  Now cut in 2 places and remove that portion.  Both cut clips removed... good (but Ripple doesn't work... reported elsewhere).  But now the rest of audio on both tracks are UNGROUPED.  Wrong!!

I tested this in Vegas and Samplitude and the  remaining and prior segments remain correctly grouped. 

Both of these items needs to be fixed with priority.

Don

Comments

sheppo wrote on 3/12/2019, 3:59 PM

Hi @Donde, good spot on this one as well! This appears to be a change in behaviour of grouping. I'm sure in an earlier version the grouping menu said ungroup, now it says remove from group. So this looks like an intended change - but as I don't use grouping personally in Acid I couldn't tell you when it changed.. Having spent years with Vegas its group,ungroup behaviour seems like a more logical way to do it, and consistency across products seems like a valid choice.

As with the ripple edit post, I'll add this as an issue to the beta forums.

Donde wrote on 3/12/2019, 4:05 PM

Please add one more to the list. Preferences - Display - Track Colors … don't remember their changes.

Since the SOLO and MUTE functions don't make it very obvious what's Muted in the Dark Skin, I changed all the Track Colors to be very bright, usually full scale in one shade or another. Much better recognizing muted tracks now... until you close and reopen ACID... they all went back to DEFAULT... another Defect.

Don