.acid files extension

jordan-m wrote on 7/28/2017, 2:44 AM

Hi MAGIX or anyone with the answer. I have been using ACID pro since it was with the companies, Sonic Foundry and then Sony using Windows XP-Windows 7. I have projects done in these previous versions of ACID Pro 7 and would not want to lose them. Can anyone tell me if the .acid file extensions work when opening them in this new version of ACID pro 7 from MAGIX?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 7/28/2017, 3:49 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

I can't directly answer your question but why not download a trial version of Acid Pro 7 from this page and test it out for yourself?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

jordan-m wrote on 7/28/2017, 3:47 PM

Thanks Jeff,

It still looks like MAGIX is currently using the same version of Sony ACID Pro 7 which is fine with me. Like I said, I have been using ACID Pro 7 for years and enjoy its power and flexibility. According to the https://www.file-extensions.org/acid-pro-file-extensions it accepts the .acd format and the current Sony ACID Pro 7 content. I hope any upgrades and updates won't change any of this. Some of us just can't do upgrades to equipment to meet the current standards. If it works don't break it. Nothing is more unpleasant than having to lose all your work to a new software update that you can't open previous files.

Thanks again for getting back quickly,

Jordan