Acid changing tempo of wav and mp3

dominik-p wrote on 8/24/2019, 6:45 AM

I warmly welcome . After adding a wav or mp3 file and setting one shot or beatmapper the tempo of the file changes. After recording the vocals I have to move them several times because the file is getting longer or shorter in different places. When I render the file, everything is ok, so errors wit bit tempo only occur in the project. I can't set vocals in the project because after setting and eg cutting the vocals again, the wav or mp3 file deforms at another point. And even if I manage to somehow place the vocals under the deformed bit, after rendering the bit is ok and the vocals are not and I start to go crazy. It looks exactly like adding different milliseconds to the bit in different places. Please, help me .... I loosing my customers. Best wishes, Dominik

Comments

rick-r wrote on 8/24/2019, 9:37 PM

This is happening to me too. It also happens when I render it.

ACID-Support wrote on 8/30/2019, 7:33 AM

Hello!

This bug has been officially reported and we are working on finding a fix. It would be very helpful if you could send us examples of the .mp3 files where you experience the issues. Just make a support ticket here: https://www.magix.com/us/support/technical-support/ and add the files as an attachment. Please also include a short sentence refering to the issue like "Beatmapper bug" or "Tempo bug". This would really help us speed up the process and find the solution as soon as possible, thank you!

Bea

Kix2K wrote on 9/9/2019, 6:05 AM

It happens on every long beatmapped file for me. You can see the waveform shift itself when you zoom in and out sometimes. I give up, finally finished getting half-decent renders of my recent projects and I'm switching to MPC software.

sheppo wrote on 9/11/2019, 4:28 PM

The current beta of Acid 9 (pro, next, etc), which was only made available to beta testers in the last couple of days appears to have fixed this issue. I do not have any information about when the public version will be available, but hopefully soon. :)

sheppo wrote on 9/13/2019, 4:11 PM

bad news. I had previously tested the with projects that i spotted the bug originally in, and a new project. The issue did not appear in either project just before I posted my previous comment.

I have since just had the bug reappear in one of those projects where it previously did not occur. And without even making changes to the save where it was not happening. So the bug is not squashed in the current beta build Very disappointing.