ACID always wants to re-register itself

Taurus_1911 wrote on 2/2/2019, 9:46 AM

Read it and weep, people. Another ACIDhassle...

Every bloody time I start up ACID 8 I have to click through a list of activation/registration windows. This obviously isn't right (just like a lot of other things in ACID 8 we are coming to find out). I registered and activated the thing months ago, and for the last month I've been dealing with this and it's just annoying. I'm also not sure what the "launcher" is, yet it keeps asking me to install that. My thought this may be some sort of program that pings the license server upon start up.

So my question to you is, should a full removal/re-intsall cure this, or is there some config file or .dll that just ended up corrupted...which would likely result in a re-install?

Cheers, folks

Comments

sheppo wrote on 2/2/2019, 9:54 AM

Hi @Taurus_1911, Try logging in to your account on Magix.com, and checking that your license has not been activated on more than two computers. You can do this by going to your "My Account", clicking My Products, and then Show More Details underneath your license key. Careful not to share a link to the show more details page, as the URL contains your serial number.

Assuming you've not installed it on more than 2 computers then yes, a reinstall and update to the latest version would be the next option.

shgrude wrote on 2/2/2019, 5:02 PM

Also try start your program in Administrator mode and complete all activations.

Then close and open as normal again.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bits) OS 19041.450 (2004)
Memory: 64GB
Sound Card: NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 1920x1080 6GB

Taurus_1911 wrote on 3/25/2019, 11:01 AM

Sorry I never replied here, but thanks, fellas, re-installing unscrewed ACID's mind and it began to fly right after that.