Acid 9.0.3 (26) still problem with Beatmaper

Newman-cz wrote on 9/23/2019, 9:52 AM

I congratulate the authors on adding support for ARA2 and creating a NEXT version. :-/

The crucial problem for me is that Beatmapper still has a problem.
When creating a new clip with several dozen beat marks the program works perfectly. Of course. When you save and reopen the project, the beat marks are placed incorrectly. Therefore, the program is again useless in professional work. I have no idea what leads the creators to add new qualities when the old ones don't work well.

I am a long-time user and ACID is unique to a certain type of work. That's why I stubbornly stay with him. Otherwise I don't blame others for going to Ableton Live and other programs. I predict that the 10 version program will no longer be available as it will stop selling. And no wonder. I should have done a professional review of the music server. But I haven't done the test yet, because I didn't want to hurt Magix. And it should be on version 8. So far I would write only the negative and it would not be a good review ...

Comments

jocker-boy wrote on 9/23/2019, 10:11 AM

I also do not update to the AP9 version, I stay with the AP8 version for now and even returned to the AP7 version again.In the case of such deficiencies and instability of the software, it makes no sense to pay for something that is not entirely refined.I am thinking about migrating to Ableton Live or Studio One, although I really like Acid and believe that it will be stable in the end. Magix has introduced a lot of good changes and news, thank you and I hope everything will go in the right direction.

Newman-cz wrote on 9/23/2019, 10:25 AM

Unfortunately, I have already bought Acid 9.
I also hope the creators are working to fix the problems. But since Beatmaper has been bad since the beginning of version 9 and is not perfect even in version 8 (but to work with it badly). I think nobody has solved this problem... last 9.0.3 build 26 doesn't solve anything ...

sheppo wrote on 9/23/2019, 12:45 PM

Hi @Newman-cz, I can assure you that this issue is being looked in to by the developers in AP9/Next. As soon as I hear more I will update.

Newman-cz wrote on 9/23/2019, 1:18 PM

Hi @sheppo, I just don't understand that nobody figured it out before the release of version 9. Those ACID bugs will kill them.

JayTee wrote on 9/23/2019, 7:13 PM

Newman-cz

I have been having the same problem ever since i purchased Acid 9.0. I have been unable to locate Track EQ with Fx Automation. Also I have been having problems with the beat-mapper as well. I've tried to contact technical supports but im directed to a website where i have to purchase a support coupon for $12.99!!!!

sheppo wrote on 9/24/2019, 10:00 AM

@jaytee - sorry to hear about that, I wasn't aware that's a thing, sorry for directing you to raise a support ticket for that not realising you would be charged. What license do you have? Also, regarding the Track EQ thing, is there any chance you can record your screen detailing the issue. I may be able to help further if i can see the problem first hand.

Newman-cz wrote on 9/25/2019, 3:43 PM

Hi,

I'm not working in version 9 yet, because I can't.
Authors still have to fix some errors before the program can be used for professional work ...
So far the best version is 7, if you need 64-bit support, then version 8

jocker-boy wrote on 9/27/2019, 5:05 AM

@Newman-cz I understand, it's a pity that Magix went straight to AP9 and Next, and abandoned improvements at the AP7 / AP 8 level.Time is passing and the worst is that not much is changing here.I was surprised by Magix's decision to switch from AP 8 to AP 9 in such a short time.And there were earlier announcements of AP 8 Suite and suddenly it disappeared.In my opinion, from the very beginning you had to focus on improving the AP 7, exact rewriting to the x64 bit code,In my opinion, from the very beginning you had to focus on improving the AP 7, exact rewriting to the x64 bit code, improving all tools and interface. And then a gradual evolution to higher versions.No program gave such flexibility in working with loops as Acid Pro

Newman-cz wrote on 9/27/2019, 5:22 AM

@jocker-boy I personally believe that the creators will correct the mistakes. Acid has established a loop standard. The others took it. Some even improved (Ableton). I own software like Studio One, Ableton Live, but for some kind of work Acid is unique. I keep my fingers crossed for authors to catch errors as soon as possible.

sheppo wrote on 10/1/2019, 3:40 AM

@Newman-cz, you'll be happy to hear there is work underway to back port some of the changes present in Acid 9/Pro/Next to Acid8/Pro/AMS11, and this work should make fixing issues across all versions easier for the development team going forward. An early beta for AP8 was released yesterday, but at this point I do not have any more information regarding when these changes will be ready for general release. I'll keep the forum updated when I know more. :)