ACID 9.0.1 and Beatmapping

mellotronworker wrote on 7/7/2019, 3:39 AM

Is there still an issue with this?

I have a rendered WAV file which came from a previous project which was run at 90.55 BPM. To make some additions to it I created a new project running with the same settings at this tempo. I dropped in the WAV file and found that it ran very slowly. ACID said that the original tempo of the WAV was 140. Running at this tempo sounded fine, but everything else obviously sounded way to fast.

What was really crazy was that the end of the file (where the additions were being made) played fine at 90.55 but that start played slowly. The original didn't have any temp changes in it.

The only solution was to run the new project at 140 and use the rendered WAV as a one-shot file, which of course made the original file shorter in the window so I had to shovel it up to the edit point and find where it met the additions I had made seamlessly.

As a crazy-assed experiment I did the same with AP7 and it worked fine at the original tempo without any of this insanity.

What is going on?

Comments

Newman-cz wrote on 7/11/2019, 6:54 AM

Hi,
Beatmapping has problems with version 9. It looks like it works normally, but after saving the project and opening it all the Markers are different, Tempo is falling apart. You just can't work with it seriously. I work with ACID professionally and I can still use version 8 (even if it doesn't fine-tune all errors). ACID 9 is not designed for professional work. (maybe it will improve). If the patch comes out I always test it to see if the program has improved. It's from patch to plot better, but not perfect.

sheppo wrote on 7/17/2019, 1:52 AM

@mellotronworker is the rendered file, and any associated project created in AP9? I ask as I have seen some odd issues with files from AP7, for example, where the beatmapping information was corrupt. Multiple downbeats, and inconsistent bars shown within the beatmap window. Running through the beatmap wizard for any files in the project fixed the issue, but yeah, it was annoying.

You could also try rendering out the audio you're importing without any metadata in it, and then importing and running through the beatmap wizard again.

If you can reproduce the issue every time it would be worth logging as a bug

jocker-boy wrote on 7/18/2019, 10:50 AM

Also tested a few days Next Acid Pro has the same problem as Beatmapper Acid Pro 9. Also after the "zoom" is taken, the spectrum of the audio wave disappears from the workspace.And this is the same for wav or mp3 files.You can not make good beatgrid settings even in clip proporties, bypassing the beatmapper. The tempo markers are set incorrectly after reloading.I do not have the strength and ideas to fix it.I do not know what causes such problems.