Acid 8 wont load plugin window

BackInTimePlease wrote on 8/9/2019, 9:32 AM

Does anyone have any ideas, pls

When I click the the plugin's name in the FX part of the mixer (or right click and "show Vst")

The gui/ plug window wont open - Really. Really frustrating

If anyony has any ideas please let me know...

Seems like theres a setting somewhere like 'lock all VST's" stopping them open

Ive done a reinstall (in about 10 different ways), I installed an older version. Still doing it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src=" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for reading

Comments

sheppo wrote on 8/9/2019, 5:05 PM

@BackInTimePlease

*scratches head*

is it all FX, or just FX from Vegas?

I'm not sure whether the Vegas FX are supported outside of Vegas, but might get picked up if you add their folder to Acid's search folder list in the plug-in manager. I have Vegas 16 and the trial for 17 installed, and don't have the Vegas audio filters showing in Acid.

other than that I'm at a bit of a loss, sorry

BackInTimePlease wrote on 8/10/2019, 4:28 AM

Hi sheppo

thx

Yes it was all plugins,

Problem is fixed, I can report,

It was due to some problem with Windows (I found by process of ilimination)

I don't know what part of the windows system was to blame (I wish I did)

On try 2001 to fix, I put my original HD (from when PC was new) back in and loaded Acid and it worked fine.

So I have no clue what part of windows was the problem, but with all files copied to a new clone of my original OS Acid 8 works, Acid 9 doesn't but that's a different story... and equally annoying (but Magix said Im the only person who reported that problem)

My PC seems determined to make my head hurt

This info might help someone else i guess

Would deff be interesting what part of Windows was corrupt

BackInTimePlease wrote on 8/22/2019, 11:11 PM

I'll just let everyone call me a prat cause it might benefit someone else

I think, Im not 100% sure... but I think the plugin was loading docked below...

I thought it was happening again, and it was there

Im not sure if was like this before i switched OS... I find it hard to believe I didnt see that as. I played with it for hours

But who knows... Also I have another major problem with Acid 9 which prob clouded my judgement

Those Vegas plugins Sheppo might be from Acid Studio 7 I think they must be I can't think where else I got them..

As far as I remember that was what the eq and other bits were called in there, or they came free somewhere...

Wherever they are from they still lurk in my VST folder and Acid always puts them at the top

My Acid 9 problem is that all VST settings saved in an Acid 8 project dont load (but Magix said Im the only person who reported that problem)

But all the files are present on the same PC as Acid 8. Im actually using the Acid 9 VST's in Acid 8 so all my plugin paths are working in the plugin manager

As I set them the same in 8 as 9.

Projects load in 8 but not in 9

Starting totally from scratch in 9 is fine - also when I change the settings to match 8 and save. Next time I open the new file made in 9. Back to square 1 I have to set them all again :)

:(

(more)