Acid 8...issues.....can you guys get these fixed??

myfitjam wrote on 6/28/2019, 8:43 AM

I have been using Acid since the first version. I have always been a loyal customer...purchasing Acid, Sound Forge, Vegas, Steam Anywhere, and many many Sample CD's. I was very active within the community ...winning the Jungle Brothers Remix contest on Acid Planet back in 1999. ---I have been using this software as a way to make income since 2003. As someone who has been here since the beginning I would like to say...I am NOT happy. I have nothing but issues with Acid 8...leaving me creatively zapped and struggling to get projects completed:

1)The beat mapper doesn't work anymore...I have been using MixMeister as a go around

2) I can't see the writing when labeling the markers. This is due to the DAW being black and the lettering being black. (unreal). ...with no option to choose other colors. ( what is up with that ?!)

3) And now....with the latest update (patch) released back in feb.. the software won't even open. I had to reinstall an earlier version of Acid 8 just to finish a project

4) The software will no longer except MP3 or MP4

5) The software is VERY unstable. Acid 8 has frozen on me countless times for such reasons as minimizing, beatmapping, rendering, and zooming in

6) The newest version of Acid 8 won't allow an earlier version of Sound forge to sync up with it.

I have other issues as well....but do not have time to tell a company how to not treat their loyal customers. Acid 8 should not have been released ...and if Acid 9 has all of the fixes that are outraging customers, it should be released for free to the people who took a chance with Magix (and Acid 8) taking over an amazing software program. As of now, I have been exploring other options to accomplish what I need to get done everyday. ---I will NOT be purchasing anything else from Magix until they make right with us (the community that will support them)

---In the past, I would have purchased upgrades for Vegas, Sound Forge, and Acid 9 by now.......times have changed.

Comments

Matt-Francis wrote on 6/28/2019, 9:43 PM

Yeah, I am wondering when the next update is coming out. I have no intention of getting AP9 at the moment since that seems to have issues too. AP8 was unusable for me for a long time because of the dark UI so I hadn't been using it that long before AP9 came out. Still can't use some VSTs that worked in AP7 and still can't access presets on some legacy VSTs, which they said they were trying to fix. Seems to take forever and now they are trying to fix AP9 as well. They should either fix AP8 or offer AP9 for free to those who bought it and just focus on fixing that.

Former user wrote on 6/29/2019, 11:10 AM

I think you can't bet money on this-Acid 8 if finished, there will be NO more updates. Acid 9 may get one more update, and I say may and after that they'll call it Acid 10 and charge you an upgrade fee. That seems to be the pattern that this company follows with most if not all of their software.

CidBil wrote on 6/29/2019, 4:08 PM

I have to agree. AP 8 isn't even listed on the Product pages, and I'm surprised that people are still trying to use it. Seems to me folks have to make a decision, "do I upgrade to AP 9, or do I just forget about Acid altogether"....myself, I have had no problems since I upgraded to AP 9, other than occasionally having to rescan VST's. I haven't had any problems with the program not loading or crashing, the beatmapper works fine, and most everything people are having problems with, I don't. I've been trying to make AP 9 crash, and so far I can't (although I imagine were I to put an instance of Neutron Elements on 10 or 15 tracks there might be an issue.

So that's my two cents, hopefully Acid will continue to get better, and eventually it will work for everyone.....

Taurus_1911 wrote on 6/29/2019, 5:56 PM

"do I upgrade to AP 9, or do I just forget about Acid altogether"

I'm migrating to Reaper. It's very much like ACID except for the malfunctions, 60 day trial to get used to it, then you pay 60 bucks.WIN

Former user wrote on 8/28/2019, 2:37 AM

"do I upgrade to AP 9, or do I just forget about Acid altogether"

I'm migrating to Reaper. It's very much like ACID except for the malfunctions, 60 day trial to get used to it, then you pay 60 bucks.WIN

Well, you do have to buy instruments and stuff, but yea it's a decent deal. Not sure why most here haven't jumped on the Samplitude bandwagon. Its surprisingly capable of meeting practically every need Reaper does - exceeding it in some cases.

Best out of the box package on Windows platform (almost Logic Pro X level), and its supported much better than ACID (different development team, and Samp is used by a lot of people in Europe, etc.).

Honestly just the lack of a functional content browser in ACID 8 makes it u usable for me, considering what it was designed for... ...