Comments

weevil wrote on 4/27/2018, 2:30 PM

Yes I have this too. Not a lot of plugins used, cant access the file.

sheppo wrote on 4/27/2018, 5:11 PM

it might be if you're using the x86 (32bit) version of Acid Pro the application is hitting the 32bit memory limit. Are you able to replicate the problem with Acid Pro x64?

sunny-g wrote on 4/30/2018, 8:20 AM

it might be if you're using the x86 (32bit) version of Acid Pro the application is hitting the 32bit memory limit. Are you able to replicate the problem with Acid Pro x64?

I using the 64 bit version of Acid Pro

Everytime I load a project it crashes. The only way it works is if i click file > open then load the project from there. If i load project from recently opened it always crashes

wormdrink wrote on 4/30/2018, 2:27 PM

Have you tried loading the projects with add-ons disabled? It doesn't matter how many add-ons you have running, what matters is the combined load on your CPU. That will crash you every time. An example of this is a project that I created in Music Studio 10 that has 3 midi tracks and about 8 audio add-ons, and 6 samples. It doesn't crash on loading, but immediately after saving changes, or closing the project, even once I pulled it up into Acid8. I narrowed it down to a couple of VSTi add-ons that were more CPU intensive than I had expected. This is most likely your problem. Figure out which of the add-ons use the most CPU, bypass them, then try reloading the file. Remove the bypass after the file loads. You may want to bypass them again before you close the file. Hope this helps you out.

sunny-g wrote on 5/1/2018, 3:09 AM

Have you tried loading the projects with add-ons disabled? It doesn't matter how many add-ons you have running, what matters is the combined load on your CPU. That will crash you every time. An example of this is a project that I created in Music Studio 10 that has 3 midi tracks and about 8 audio add-ons, and 6 samples. It doesn't crash on loading, but immediately after saving changes, or closing the project, even once I pulled it up into Acid8. I narrowed it down to a couple of VSTi add-ons that were more CPU intensive than I had expected. This is most likely your problem. Figure out which of the add-ons use the most CPU, bypass them, then try reloading the file. Remove the bypass after the file loads. You may want to bypass them again before you close the file. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the advice but it feels like a lot of work to do as a workaround. I load the exact same plugins in other DAW's and I have no issues. I also have a brand new PC and it's pretty fast. I think this is something that magix need to look into because loads of other people have reported same issue

shintobi wrote on 6/5/2018, 6:31 AM

Hey @sunny-g,

can you tell us which plugins you use?

Best Regards,

\Tobi

Newman-cz wrote on 6/5/2018, 7:54 AM

I have the same problem. If demo projects are open, Acid (x64) is ok. If 3th Vendors effects are added, the Acid program collapses. I use mainly IK Multimedia T-Rack 5 (x64) and Waves. I do not recommend the program for professional work today.

sunny-g wrote on 6/5/2018, 9:16 AM

@shintobi 

I use mainly Waves plugins. Specifically H Delay, C1 Comp, R-Comp, Rverb, Super Tap delay

I also use Auto Tune 5 Jbridged to make it 64bit compatible

shintobi wrote on 6/5/2018, 9:23 AM

Thank you @sunny-g, we will take a look into it.

John81 wrote on 6/8/2018, 7:34 AM

I can confirm I have the same crashing issues with the 64-bit version (again) too. It seemed like the 223-build fixed the crash on load problem, but it popped up again. I have been working on a mix for some time, but I can't load it anymore since Acid will crash. The only way to avoid this, is by using the 32-bit version. I'm also using Waves plugins, so maybe that has something to do with it.