ACID 8 crash non stop ): because not support more than 25 VST ....

SandyRaw wrote on 6/22/2018, 11:41 AM

new update 8.05
and still the same problem (with 8.00 8.03 same)
ACID 8 crash when opening an ACD.zip with + 25VST

I am with 2 EP in the trash thanks to your ACID8 .....

The solution is that really acid 8 supports a number defines of VST (25 or 50 or 75 or 100),
or that when one opens the ACD.ZIP have the possibility to load the VST, YES or NO for each VST .... ..................

but the ...., we work on it for 2 weeks we charge the VST as the evolution of the track & saves the ACD.ZIP without problem, and when we want to reopen the ACD-ZIP is impossible CRASH CRASH CRASH

PLEASE MAGIX wake UP !
I have the impression that Iam are beta tester ( live....... ..... ....... )

Comments

Nerdsworth wrote on 7/4/2018, 9:24 PM

I too have several songs that I suddenly cannot open that I worked very hard on. I want to recommend the program to other people, but I can't with this issue haunting me. My problem isn't even with .zip, my .acd and .acd-bak, won't even open. They immediately crash while opening. I'm gonna have to go back to Acid pro 7. This is actually ridiculous and is hurting my career. Hope you can help.

Extra Information
   File:                C:\Users\FLitz\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\8.0\acidpro.plugincache_x64.xml
   File:                C:\Users\FLitz\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\8.0\dx_grovel_x64.log
   File:                E:\WeAreC6\Samedi\Samedi.acd

Problem Description
   Application Name:    ACID Pro 8.0
   Application Version: Version 8.0.5 (Build 226) 64-bit
   Problem:             Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
   Fault Module:        C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 8.0\acid80k.dll
   Fault Address:       0x000007FEE2AAE392
   Fault Offset:        0x000000000048E392

Fault Process Details
   Process Path:        C:\Program Files\ACID\ACID Pro 8.0\acid80.exe
   Process Version:     Version 8.0.5 (Build 226) 64-bit
   Process Description: ACID Pro 8.0
   Process Image Date:  2018-06-08 (Fri Jun 08) 00:54:32

carl-kirkendall wrote on 7/29/2018, 4:43 PM

I've been with Acid since 2.0 , the day I held the door for the Sonic Foundry rep to wheel his computer into IRC in Indy . So far , I'm really not impressed with 8.0 . 2 fatal errors with no heavy loads both times I've opened it recently , some samples preview a few seconds then this static blast...still no ASIO , VST3 support , * someday * integrated JBridge...I think I'm just upgrading out of habit now . If anyone has any answers for the above issues , please share .

SandyRaw wrote on 8/13/2018, 8:40 AM

more than 1 month 0 upgrade

MAGIX is really a shame!
How to slaughter a mythical product like ACID by sonic foundry

I never buy a product from this company
German quality ???? hahaha The joke of the year :)

Because I found some new bug, if you load tracks WAV 24bits of 3 / 4minutes the track crash directly ....................

I pay but I throw it in the trash
and resume my tracks under REASON 10
the speak about true Swedish quality and it's 0 crash and live support 1st class

Bye bye magix......

sheppo wrote on 8/14/2018, 2:34 PM

Hi, sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues.. There's a number of different bugs reported here and it would be good to get a proper grasp and proper understanding of what each of those are, and steps to reproduce them, so that we can forward them on to the development team as bug reports.

So, as I see it, there are 3 separate issues / bugs here

1. @SandyRaw - upper limit of VSTs before Acid will crash. You mention 25, 50, 75, or 100 as arbitrary numbers. I have projects with more than 25, and they load. So some specifics would be needed to help nail the issue down. Are you able to provide the following (message me if you're not happy attaching / linking here)
    • Your acidpro.plugincache_x64.xml and acidpro.plugincache.xml from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\8.0
    • the project file (or a dummy project file where you are able to reproduce the issue if you cannot send a work project file)
    • Anything specifically you do to recreate the issue.

2. @Nerdsworth - same as above. If I understand the problem correctly you have a Acid Pro 7 file that you are trying to load in Acid Pro 8, and it crashes without any further action?
    1. Can you provide any other specific steps to re-create the crash

3. @SandyRaw - 24bit WAVs cause Acid Pro 8 to crash
    1. I have just tried dragging 4 new 24bit WAV files in to new tracks in an existing project and not only does Acid Pro not crash, but it plays back just fine. This on the latest public Acid Pro 8 x64 release. Obviously this is affecting you, so if can you provide any more information to help the development team reproduce this issue.
SandyRaw wrote on 8/14/2018, 3:17 PM

Hi, sorry to hear you're experiencing these issues.. There's a number of different bugs reported here and it would be good to get a proper grasp and proper understanding of what each of those are, and steps to reproduce them, so that we can forward them on to the development team as bug reports.

So, as I see it, there are 3 separate issues / bugs here

1. @SandyRaw - upper limit of VSTs before Acid will crash. You mention 25, 50, 75, or 100 as arbitrary numbers. I have projects with more than 25, and they load. So some specifics would be needed to help nail the issue down. Are you able to provide the following (message me if you're not happy attaching / linking here)
    • Your acidpro.plugincache_x64.xml and acidpro.plugincache.xml from C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\8.0
    • the project file (or a dummy project file where you are able to reproduce the issue if you cannot send a work project file)
    • Anything specifically you do to recreate the issue.
  2. @SandyRaw - 24bit WAVs cause Acid Pro 8 to crash
    1. I have just tried dragging 4 new 24bit WAV files in to new tracks in an existing project and not only does Acid Pro not crash, but it plays back just fine. This on the latest public Acid Pro 8 x64 release. Obviously this is affecting you, so if can you provide any more information to help the development team reproduce this issue.

1 - to read you soon will have to write the line of code of ACID 8 to be able to launch the program ........ have talked about developed linux NO ! , have paid a program which must do it is basic thing ....
it's really not serious how you do it

2 - I am talking about a file 24bits that lasts longer + 3min30seconds

try
install 2 files of + 3min 30seconds
+ some other sample 4/5/6
+ 4/5/6 VST effect of your choice

saved it, wait 1 hour, rebooted the pc, try to reopen it
and no it's impossible ...... it's magix :) no it's broken .....

sheppo wrote on 8/15/2018, 2:29 PM

Hi @SandyRaw I have followed your steps for the 24bit wav issue and cannot replicate it. My project is an existing project with 10s of audio tracks, each with VSTs. I have added three new audio tracks with 24bit audio clips each over 10 minutes in length. No issues, all playing back just fine.

I've seen similar issues in media apps where I had corruption on my disk. It's a quick thing to test. run a check disk /f on your hard disks ( if you don't know how, this will guide you - https://neosmart.net/wiki/chkdsk/ ) then try again

lt20018 wrote on 8/20/2018, 10:28 PM

Yup! Having same problem as well. As mentioned above. When entering the DAW with either a WAV or MP3, does not matter. Some projects will work, some do not. Yes I am a sample based producer, either through vinyl directly to the CPU as a recorded track or by opening a new track (either .WAV or MP3) onto my project and working directly from the DAW (stop using Chopper back on 7). Its not my computer, as my computer is running on Win 10 fresh out the box no more than 2 months old(well above average RAM). I was excited for Acid 8 but now, not looking so bright. I sample, cut and chop fast and on the actual DAW, i have too witnessed stoppage in the system while working on a project, DAW shuts down and if im lucky im able to save my project. Even more luckier if my project will re-open after starting or going to a new project. I get what Magix is attempting to do with Acid but understand there are producers that use this DAW due to the history and also the user friendly DAW that it brings to the table. It does the user no good if I cannot re-open a project, attempt to start a project or even complete a project if the DAW keeps crashing. Ball is in your court Magix.