Acid 8.0.5 (Build 226) 64-bit crashes when changing Preferences

Shave wrote on 6/26/2018, 12:20 PM

Dell Laptop Inspiron 17 5000 series, running WIN7 ULT-64 SP1; intel i5; 16 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, TASCAM US 2x2 audio interface

Anytime I go into Options, Preferences, Audio Device tab, and then select the Advanced... button, Acid 8.0 crashes so hard that sometimes I have to remove power and battery just to get out of the loop.

Any clue as to what is causing this?

Comments

william-buck wrote on 6/27/2018, 6:53 PM

ACID 8.05 (build 226)? I did not know there was a new version. I am still on v8.0.3 (build 223). I'll download and update and see if I get the same behavior.. Using v8.0.3 (build 223) I am able to go to the Audio Device|Advanced tab without issue using my Apollo Twin Duo USB.

william-buck wrote on 6/27/2018, 7:19 PM

I have v8.0.5 installed and working. I am able to still access the Advanced tab as before. Typically a hard crash is driver related. Maybe an issue between your audio device and AP8. Have you ever been able to access the Advanced tab when using your Tascam audio device with AP8 64bit? You may need to open a support ticket with Magix and report the issue directly.

Shave wrote on 6/27/2018, 8:51 PM

I figured it out. For some reason my TASCAM was not set to the default device in Windows. When I made it the default device, I went back to AP8, Options, Preferences, Audio Device, and changed the Audio device type from Microsoft Sound Mapper to my TASCAM US 2x2 audio interface. I then proceeded to click the Advanced button and the Advanced Audio Configuration dialog box opened up with no problems. I repeated it a few times for good measure just to make sure. Works like a charm.

Thanks for the response as it caused me to think outside of the box, and that's how I arrived at the real problem and thankfully it's not the software. Hopefully if there is someone out there that has run into this off the wall situation they can read out posts and get some resolution.