Acid 10 Suggestions & Thoughts

Alex_London wrote on 4/7/2020, 7:05 AM

Hello everybody, just wanted to share some thoughts about Acid 10 which i just purchased :)

The 32-bit plugin integration is a great idea, now i can access and open every single one of my old projects without the fear of having all my plugins missing

The MorphPads are also a really nice new concept, allowing all kinds of previously-impossible combinations and creative ideas, very useful. The MIDI track freeze and Midi Playable Chopper are also some extremely useful additions and i commend the developer team for adding these features, they come super handy.

Another huge improvement for me personally is that way that Acid 10 handles audio and time code. I am using an output of my soundcard to drive an ERM Multiclock which drives all my sequencers, synths & modular. Since i installed Acid 10 i haven't had a single dropout and all my gear remains tightly on time for as long as I want. This has been an issue in the past, but it isn't anymore - solved!

Last but not least, I am happy to see a Dark / Light Skin choice, this has helped me transition from Acid 7 to the new versions, but i am still trying my best to switch 100%, as it hasn't been possible.

Personally, like a post i made 2 years ago in this forum suggesting few things, i would like this time to suggest and ask for just one improvement and i truly wish other members can agree about this and ask for this feature to be implemented?

Having used Acid everyday since 2001, i am really used to the way the explorer and the background of the audio track look, when in Light Skin:

The explorer window on the bottom of Acid has a white background (like it is in all Windows folders) and the background of the audio tracks is white (when it's not selected) and changes colour when selected.

This helps a lot as the white background / coloured audio helps a lot as it creates a nice contrast and helps with editing. All of this up until Acid 7. 

However, right now in Light Skin, the Explorer window area is a light grey and all the audio track background is for example red while the audio clip is magenta/pink. Or the audio track background is green while the audio is light green. This is quite strong to the eye and its hard to work with while editing or browsing for files. I think other member of this forum have mentioned this issue?

Magix has done a lot of good things for Acid. I bought all the updates and will continue to support. But i would truly appreciate if you could please give us a quick update with the option of having this ''Old Skool'' Acid skin, so when we switch to ''Light Skin'' or ''Old Skool Skin'' we get Acid to look like what it looked all these years.

I want to be able to use Acid 10 with all its 64-bit power, all the new updates, the MorphPads, the additions but with the graphics i am used to and i can work faster with, it's a matter of workflow.

I hope it's not much to ask, to make the explorer background white and the audio clip background white, when not selected.

Another small request graphic wise (which is not as important, but it i would personally love) would be to include in this ''Old Skool'' Acid Skin that the faders and the the empty area below audio tracks look like what they looked in Acid 7.

If others agree and would like to see an Old Skool Acid Theme, please speak up so perhaps the developers can help us out :)

Thank you in advance Magix!

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 4/7/2020, 7:16 AM

@Alex_London

Hi

Is there not an option to change the colours in the Display tab of the Preferences dialog?

Added: see this topic.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 4/7/2020, 7:31 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Alex_London wrote on 4/7/2020, 7:32 AM

hi John, thanks for your reply.

You can change the track colour from Preferences, correct, but not the background colour, which was always been white and helped you see the actual waveform.

In Acid 8/9/10 the background of i.e. a green coloured track, is dark green, which makes the waveform (and editing) very hard to see and its quite harsh to the eye. Check out the same project with white and with coloured track background:

White track bacground: https://ibb.co/VYTwVKx

Coloured track background: https://ibb.co/c8v34mn

Will check the link you sent now, thanks! :)