Comments

ralftaro wrote on 10/20/2008, 12:58 PM
Hi there,

You might want to have a look at my reply to a similar question that I just posted earlier today:

www.magix.info/uk/knowledge/2-video/201-optimizing-editing/14147-how-do-i-put-my-movies-on-youtube.html

In addition to the information given there and regarding your question about breaking up the project into smaller parts, you could utilize the range export feature of the export dialog: Just enclose the first part you want to export between the start and end marker on your Movie Edit Pro timeline. You can set the start marker by performing a left click on the timeline above the tracks and the end marker by performing a right-click. Start out by enclosing the first part, from the beginning of the video up to the maximum of what YouTube allows you to upload. (Last time I checked it was something like 10 minutes per clip. But it also seems that some clips can exceed that limit. You would have to check with YouTube for the official number.) Now go to the WMV export dialog, as per my other post, and make sure to also tick the checkbox that says "Only export range between start and end markers". This will only mix down the enclosed section.

Now go back into the timeline, reposition the two markers to enclose the next chunk and export to WMV again. Repeat as needed until you got your entire project exported to WMV chunks. Now upload them to YouTube. Done!