2023 Music maker - Updating free version to paid premium

Mexxy wrote on 2/9/2023, 2:25 PM

I was using the 2023 Music maker free version and then paid for the 2023 premium version.

Downloaded the premium version from the links in the confirmation email.

When installing - it uninstalled my free version and then only reinstalled the free version again.

In music maker it shows its still the free version and then I log into my account and enter the provided serial number but it says I already own this content.

I cant see anywhere to activate my product in the program itself and it doesnt let me activate it in the magix service center and yes I have checked tech support faq etc.

Bit confused about the process to get it to go premium.

Comments

gjonny wrote on 2/9/2023, 4:03 PM

>> Downloaded the premium version from the links in the confirmation email. 
and
>> Bit confused about the process to get it to go premium.

With the confirmation email, you're already registered.  All you should need to do is log in (ignore the Serial Number field), and your Premium features should be enabled (and Premium content available for download).

Note that MusicMaker is one of those apps that likes to phone home (be connected to the internet) in order to maintain your Premium features.  

Mexxy wrote on 2/9/2023, 4:13 PM

Yes, I am always connected to the internet when using the program.

When I < log in > the program stays in free version - premium is not enabled

I understand its registered but I cannot activate premium in my online Magix account but it shows I have premium as a product.

Cheers

emmrecs wrote on 2/9/2023, 4:49 PM

@Mexxy

In your screenshot, directly below the red boxes you’ve highlighted there’s a box that says “Enter Serial Number “. Have you clicked on that?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Mexxy wrote on 2/9/2023, 5:14 PM

If you go to my first post you will see a screenshot that shows what happens when I click on that box " Enter serial number" and then enter the serial number - It says " You already own all content from that serial number, you can download it from the store."

But I have downloaded Premium from the store and installed it but when opened it shows its the free version.

Cheers

SP. wrote on 2/9/2023, 5:56 PM

@Mexxy Problems with the in-app-shop can often be resolved by opening the Music Maker program settings and clicking on the button to clean up the store.

Mexxy wrote on 2/10/2023, 1:10 AM

Thanks for the suggestion.

Tried that ......

But it doesnt change anything.

I have also reset my laptop and reinstalled Magix Music Maker but it is still the same problem - Free version only

Even from installing from the Premium version and entering my user name and password.

emmrecs wrote on 2/10/2023, 6:32 AM

@Mexxy

Thanks again for the additional information and my apologies for missing the fact you clearly were entering your serial number!

Taking a slightly sideways approach to this problem, if you ignore what that opening screen says and go to the main workscreen, under the Downloads tab, do you see anything listed? It should show all the Premium content that you are entitled to.

If it does not then I think we may need to take rather more drastic action. I note that you wrote earlier: When installing - it uninstalled my free version and then only reinstalled the free version again.  I wonder whether that "uninstall" was actually not completed properly. In fact, I think it was not necessary for you to install the Premium version; simply entering your serial number on that screen (in the Free version) would have "upgraded" your installation. Essentially, the Free version is the core program, the Plus and Premium Editions simply add more features.

So, I'm going to suggest that you consider completely uninstalling the existing installation. Based on my own personal experience, by far the best method of ensuring that complete removal is to use Revo Uninstaller. It exists in both Free and Pro versions; I think the Free version should be adequate for what you need though I find the Pro version to be extremely useful!

You would need to install whichever version you wish, run it and point it to your installation of MM. Use Advanced mode to allow it to thoroughly search your whole computer for any possible remnants of the app but always check carefully everything it lists as needing to be removed, especially if you have any other Magix software installed.

Once it has finished, reboot your computer and install the core program and then activate the Premium Edition with your serial number.

If you still have problems I think you need to create a Support Ticket; use the Support header from any forum page and make sure you always choose the option to Ask or Email Support.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Mexxy wrote on 2/10/2023, 1:41 PM

Thanks for the ideas...

1. "under the Downloads tab, do you see anything listed? It should show all the Premium content that you are entitled to."

No Premium Content Listed.

2. "Revo Uninstaller. Once it has finished, reboot your computer and install the core program and then activate the Premium Edition with your serial number."

In my last post I stated that I had reset my laptop which reinstalls a fresh Windows and wipes all files (similar but a more thorough method to what you suggest with Revo uninstaller) then I installed MMM again and tried to enter the serial number only to have the same issue as before. The free version only and again not allowing me to activate the Premium Version.

3. Here is a reply from Magix Support after emailing them.

Thank you for your additional feedback. This is MAGIX technical support. Unfortunately, I have to confirm that this seems to be due to a current issue in the in-app store back-end system. We have already informed our colleagues for back-end development at head office. They are currently looking into it. Sorry for the hassle, and thanks for your understanding. We will be in touch again!

Mexxy wrote on 2/11/2023, 1:11 AM

Problem has been resolved by Magix Support at their end and a new Serial Number has been issued.👏

I would like to thank Magix for their quick response and due diligence in solving the issue.

emmrecs wrote on 2/11/2023, 5:59 AM

@Mexxy

Excellent news! Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff